New - 25 years old looking to make some changes

Options
saraann4
saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
My name is Sara. I just started my lifestyle change last Monday. My goal right now is to lose 60lbs. I've tried dieting before and haven't really been successful. There was one time when I was around 16 and went on Weight Watchers with my mom. I lost about 35 pounds on it. It was a great program, but I don't think it was the right program for me. This time, I'm doing it on my own in my own way. I'm trying to incorporate more vegetables and fruit in my diet. I am a huge fast food junkie too...especially Subway!

So, far this week I've have done excellent! (at least in my own opinion). I've passed up chinese food, Fazoli's, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Taco Casita, and Long John Silvers. Woohoo!

Replies

• ili_s
    ili_s Posts: 66
    Options
    Welcome!
    Good to see that you have come to this support site. There are heaps of friendly people here who will gladly point you in the right direction if you need help with understanding anything, or even if you just need a empathic ear who will listen to you :D

You say that weight watchers wasn't potentially the program for you, so I'm just wondering what WOULD be for you? What kind of goals do you have (aside form the losing 60lb ones) If you can set many small goals which you can tick off as you get to them it might help keep you motivated and also help you get a perspective on how far you have come.

Good luck and keep remembering why you have initiated this lifestyle change!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    To answer your first question is my own program. So many diet progams are for specific things such as a low fat, no carb, pills...you name it. I've put myself on a fairly restricted diet, but I'm open to ideas and changes. I get bored if I'm eating the same thing week after week just like most people.

As for small goals, they are really related to weight loss. I want to be indepedent. I want to move out of my parents house and get an apartment or house of my own. I want to get married (heck, engaged) to my boyfriend of 9 years. I refuse to be a fat bride. I want to have babies. Healthy enough to have babies. I want to become a teacher. I already have the degree. I just have to pass an exam in order to get my license which I've failed once. My boyfriend told me until I pass that exam and get a teaching job, he won't consider proposing. That's a lot of motivation right there! It's just doing it is the hardest part.