Carb *kitten* Starting the South Beach Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I should. Sweets are my downfall. Thank you!
  • aahd
    aahd Posts: 20
    Options
    Sugar free gum and candies are allowed on SBD but make sure to count your sweet treats to 70 calories per day!
    you can also enjoy yogurt with Sugar free jam as a treat but also limit the dairy into 2 cups per day in phase 1 and 3 in phase 2
    there a lot of carb free reciepes that you can enjoy in SBD!
    Sugar free Jell-O is allowed too!
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    So you've had a DS Fat Malabsorption operation, and now you're cutting out most carbs on a fad diet?

Personally, I think you're going about getting healthy the wrong way. You eat 4000-7000 calories almost every day, and then some..

Just my opinion. Do what you want to your body; I prefer to eat healthily, exercise normally and have 'bad' things in moderation.
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give is eat plenty of "good carbs". A glass of milk is a great pick me up when you start having a carb withdrawl headache. I would get up in the morning and drink a pint of water and a glass of milk straightaway.

There is a great forum out there on the interwebz and they're really lovely and supportive on it.

Basically, get used to eating lots of beans. Ideally you would eat at least 2 cups of beans a day. Roast chickpeas are great or shove a few tins of beans into your soup or chili and you're good to go!
    Some other snacks which help stave off the carb withdrawl are nuts, light cheese, plain fat free yoghurt with agave, vegetables with peanut butter, hummus or guacamole.
    My treat during those two weeks was a little tub of sugar free jelly.

SBD really is a lifestyle change and the first two weeks are not for the fainthearted. You will probably have 4-5 meals which you will stick to for 2 weeks which can get rather depressing! Best of luck!