Howdy

Options
I'm new.... hopefully this will help me get motivated... I need some help getting up and going.. I think about exercise, weight, food, needing to be healthy... love watching the biggest looser.. and for some reason I can come up with every excuse why I'm not working out.

Replies

• familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm new.... hopefully this will help me get motivated... I need some help getting up and going.. I think about exercise, weight, food, needing to be healthy... love watching the biggest looser.. and for some reason I can come up with every excuse why I'm not working out.
  • mrsmac36
    Options
    Hi...I'm new too...just joined a few minutes ago. I've had all the excuses, too. I'm hoping that by tracking my calories, exercise, and having this online support...I can finally make a difference.
    I love the Biggest Loser, also.

mrsmac36
  • familybugs
    Options
    I know.. mine is mental i know it is... I know how to eat healthy. We buy only organic foods.. nothing with Hydro-crap in it..hahaha.. but i have always been a big girl even when i exercise everyday. I look at food and gain weight! But honestly I don't eat often enough and that is a big problem.. I can go until 1 or so with out eating(kids keep me busy and i forget about myself) and that is sooooooooooo bad for me! So my first goal is to start eating every 3 hours... so we will see how i do today!

How about you mrsmac36?
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Welcome Familybugs. I promise you...you'll love this website. I really keeps you disciplined. The food diary is great! It keeps me from overeating.
  • mrsmac36
    Options
    I'm a meal skipper, also. Breakfast is my hardest meal to consume. So, I'm giving it an honest effort to eat 3 balanced meals, plus 3 snacks. I'm also trying not to eat past 7:00 p.m. We'll see how it goes. It's frustrating, since I have a husband that can eat anything and not gain a pound.

mrsmac36
  • familybugs
    Options
    So far I really like it! I just don't know how to add friends on here yet... if its addicting as myspace than i'll be on all the time.

Which instead i should be working out...

funny how i have time to get on the computer but not to exercise
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Adding a friend is easy. Click on their user name above their photo in a response and that should take you to their profile page and you will get an option to "Add as friend" once you select that a message will go out to that person asking if they want to approve or disapprove the request. That simple.
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    Welcome ladies!! You're going to love it here I know that I do. I have the same problems that you have and here's some suggestions that have helped me. When my son eats I eat that way I get three meals a day. He'll have his breakfast and I have mine. Also since it takes him so much longer to eat, that's also when I work out. I work out and then eat Special K Red Berries and 1% milk. It fills me up since a serving size is a whole cup. Another thing that I try to do is eat fruits and veggies for a snack. They are so much better for you and once you get used to eating them you enjoy them. Also I put up post it notes in places that I knew that I would see them to remind myself to eat. My husband is one of those people who can eat and eat and never gain a pound at first he didn't understand why it's so hard for me. I just had to explain to him that it is and I am going to lose the weight this time and we're all going to be healthier. Once I put it that way and started showing him what serving sizes are and such he has become so supportive. Also about the work out thing do something that you're comfortable doing. I am not coordinated at all and I tried to do step aerobics needless to say I didn't stick with it. So I bought an Air Climber and I love it, I've stuck with it because it's easy for me to do. Also there are all kinds of things that burn calories and don't forget to give yourself credit for them (shoveling snow is a great one). Good luck and welcome!!:happy:
  • familybugs
    Options
  • I love watching the biggest loser also. I think it's very motivating to see these people and I always think if they can drop 100lbs. there is no reason why I can't drop 15. I don't have an exercise room in my home but I like to go to the YMCA put my headphones on and watch the show while I'm walking. Are you able to commit to one day a week when you're able to say this is my time to exercise? I swear that's where it begins....and then you feel good and you'll prioritize the time to do it. Walking and watching tv is wonderful b/c you don't even realize you're exercising!
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Welcome familybugs and mrsmac36!

You're gonna love it here. Lots of support and motivation. Someone is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • familybugs
    Options
    I HAVE NO MORE EXCUSES!!!! I AM BACK AT THE GYM AND LOST 10 LBS. IN 2 WEEKS!!!
    :flowerforyou: