Female / 5'1 / 140 to 120

Options
1Ws5S.jpg

oQI3E.jpg

Howdy, y'all!

I started my fitness journey in August of 2011, I was depressed and decided that I had had enough. I took charge of my life and changed it for the better. There is no going back now!

I eat generally low-carb, sometimes ketogenic/paleo when I can afford to (it's honestly my preferred lifestyle, but sort of expensive for a college student). I am on maintenance right now and hover between 115lb - 120lbs.

I started out sedentary. I didn't like to move, let alone sweat! The one thing I really owe my weight loss and definitely is weightlifting. I began to lift free weights and found that I love testing and improving my strength! I followed StrongLifts 5x5 initially, and still vaguely follow it. I went from not being able to lift the bar to benching 75lbs, squatting 100lbs, and deadlifting 95lbs. These are definitely things I never thought I would be able to do! I also am on my university's rugby team - which had been my ultimate fitness goal. I love the sport and I play hooker / flanker.

Replies

• AMuddyPearl
    Options
    You look absolutely AMAZING!!! All your hard work has definitely paid off. I am inspired =)
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    You look gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Great transformation!
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous, great job!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Good job girl!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm your same height and weight, and look more like that before picture than the after picture. Great job!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Your stomach is flat!! I'm about the same size - 5'2" started at 144, now about 132, aiming for about 120. What jeans size are you?
  • ployjoy
    ployjoy Posts: 45
    Options
    You look amazing. Your stomach is flat!! I'm about the same size - 5'2" started at 144, now about 132, aiming for about 120. What jeans size are you?

Howdy! It's almost flat, gettin' there, haha! I started at a size 8 and am now a size 4/6 (depending on the store). Good luck to you, you got this! :D
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look fantastic. And I love weightlifting success stories. Keep it up!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. 120 is my goal weight and you're my height, so it's great to see.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Great job! thanks for sharing your story! You look awesome :)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! Its sad to see all these girls wanting to go down to ridiculously low weights and you are at a healthy weight and look amazing!

Good on ya!
  • severnc
    severnc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you look so fantastic, what an inspiration! (esp for short girls like moi)...
    - and way to set an example with the weight lifting - you look so lean and toned!

amaaaaazing girl!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    thanx 4 posting - u look incredible. such a difference. keep it up. ;o))
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    You look great!!

I love that you credited it to weight lifting too, I love those sorts of success stories!! :happy:
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you posted this I'm trying to see some results of going from about 140 to 120 - which is around where I am now (142) and 120 is where I want to be, :)
  • parkygirl
    parkygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Totally inspirational. Thanks for posting! I just started keto and will move on to paleo once I hit my gw. Love to read these success stories.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    looking good! :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I love Core Motivation and yours is definitely inspiring.. You look amazing...Great job and much luck on your maintenance success...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!