Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Waist Trimmer Belt????

Ok. I know that the belt alone will not help you lose weight but what I wanted to know is, with a healthy diet and regular exercise, will the belt help trim down my stomach? I just bought one today and I am going to start wearing it when I workout. I have a large belly........ I'm in my 30's and have 3 kids. I was just hoping that it will help me burn a couple extra calories and help to flatten my tummy a little faster. Any thoughts?????

Replies

• Bought one two months ago and I noticed that my stomach had been reduced a little bit. I don't really know if it's the waist trimmer that did it or if it is that fact that I do 30 min of cardio(while wearing it) twice three days a week.
    I know a lot of people say that it doesn't really do anything in terms of loosing weight, but I think that if you use it along with your workout, it may help in the long run. I know it motivates me to work a lot harder, because you will sweat a lot when you use it. I've also heard that since you will be sweating a lot, that it may help with circulation and therefore help raise metabolism.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Does it trim your waist? No. But what it will do is assist your with tightening your abs. I've notice when I wear my shorts that are made from the same material I tend to suck in my abs vs when I just work out in my yoga pants.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    No, no quick fixes just food in and exercise out!
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    I just used it for the first time and I am SWEATING my butt off!! If it helps just even a little bit, than maybe it's worth it! :)
  • mici0427
    mici0427 Posts: 54
    I think it helps remove water weight.( kind of like the body wraps they used to do) I use one while working out too and have noticed a difference. Be sure to wear something that can absorb the sweat tho!:-) It really makes me sweat!
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Nope, waste of money.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Hate to tell you that you've been scammed by great advertising. Remember back in the day when they used to have belts that "jiggled" your waists claiming it help to lose the fat?
    There is no short cut. You can't make the body lose faster with gimmicks or crazy schemes. There is one legit way to lose weight..............calorie deficit. Exercise helps to strengthen and burn more calories, but you still have to eat enough to not go catabolic.
    Hope you can get your money back.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,340 Member
    It only works if you use it with a Shake Weight and Reebok Toning shoes. :wink:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    It only works if you use it with a Shake Weight and Reebok Toning shoes. :wink:

"LIKE" :wink:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I just used it for the first time and I am SWEATING my butt off!! If it helps just even a little bit, than maybe it's worth it! :)

sweat=/= calories, otherwise I'd already be skinny

"Feel the burn as the soft rubber foam material heats up your mid section, helping you shed those last few pounds and giving you that lean, chiseled look you desire." - some of the best comedy I've read in ages. (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Waist-Trimmer-Belt/12167842)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    I got a hematoma on my right thigh back in October. In order to be able to keep working, I had to keep it under constant compression. I wasn't able to find a simple thigh compression wrap and the ACE bandage kept skipping. Then I found a package of "thigh trimmers" Gold's Gym, same as the waist trimmer linked above. And I've been wearing the "thigh trimmer" on my right thigh since October for nearly every cardio workout. That's five cardio workouts a week, ranging from 30 minutes to two hours per workout.

After all that time, the results I've noticed are:
    1. My right leg is weaker than my left. When I workout without the wrap, I can feel a weakness in my right leg that I've been trying to figure out how to correct now that the hematoma is pretty much gone.
    2. My right knee and ankle have also been working in a different way over the months and I'm now having to also work through some additional pain in those areas on workouts I don't wear the wrap.
    3. My right thigh is larger than my left. My left leg has lost a bit of girth since I last took measurements and my right has gained girth. And I did the previous set of measurements while I still had a noticeable lump from the hematoma on the right at the time. Even just looking at my legs in the mirror, I can see a noticeable size difference between the two.

So my overall evaluation? They do nothing in terms of helping weight loss. And may actually hinder the way the muscles develop as you workout. I'll personally never use one ever again, for any reason, after my experience with this thigh trimmer.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Ok. I know that the belt alone will not help you lose weight but what I wanted to know is, with a healthy diet and regular exercise, will the belt help trim down my stomach? I just bought one today and I am going to start wearing it when I workout. I have a large belly........ I'm in my 30's and have 3 kids. I was just hoping that it will help me burn a couple extra calories and help to flatten my tummy a little faster. Any thoughts?????

With a healthy diet and regular exercise, putting a slice of baloney in your shoe will help trim your stomach.

I understand your frustration with a part of your body that you don't like. Unfortunately, people who make these useless devices are just preying on your insecurity. The belt will not help you reach your goals.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Is that one of those rubbery belt things? If so I got one for cheap ages ago. I absolutely love it...because I have a bad back. I got it because it was on sale and I needed back support. I wear it on the computer sometimes. No back pains at all when I wear it.

For thinning my waist? Its useless. I like things hugging me tho
  • FefeLaVu
    FefeLaVu Posts: 1
    I'm pretty sure it was made to help you lose excess water weight by helping you sweat it out. It would probably help you lose weight as much as body wraps, saunas, or water pills. It might help a little bit.
  • carolinephann
    carolinephann Posts: 1 Member
    Honestly I think it worked for me I got the everlast waist trimmer a month ago and I wore it for every workout for a month so far and I've lost 5 pounds with high vigorous workouts I went down from 120 to 115 almost instantly. Started working out 5-6 days for 90-120 minutes. I did cut down my portions on the food but I haven't given up on any of my cravings whatsoever. Just watched my portions. Sodas. Chips. Chocolate. Fast foods. Mexican food you name it. Just watched my intake each time. Here's my current results so far!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Honestly I think it worked for me I got the everlast waist trimmer a month ago and I wore it for every workout for a month so far and I've lost 5 pounds with high vigorous workouts I went down from 120 to 115 almost instantly. Started working out 5-6 days for 90-120 minutes. I did cut down my portions on the food but I haven't given up on any of my cravings whatsoever. Just watched my portions. Sodas. Chips. Chocolate. Fast foods. Mexican food you name it. Just watched my intake each time. Here's my current results so far!
    So you did a calorie deficit and lost 5 lbs. Bet if you did it without the belt, you would have gotten the same results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    I got a hematoma on my right thigh back in October. In order to be able to keep working, I had to keep it under constant compression. I wasn't able to find a simple thigh compression wrap and the ACE bandage kept skipping. Then I found a package of "thigh trimmers" Gold's Gym, same as the waist trimmer linked above. And I've been wearing the "thigh trimmer" on my right thigh since October for nearly every cardio workout. That's five cardio workouts a week, ranging from 30 minutes to two hours per workout.

After all that time, the results I've noticed are:
    1. My right leg is weaker than my left. When I workout without the wrap, I can feel a weakness in my right leg that I've been trying to figure out how to correct now that the hematoma is pretty much gone.
    2. My right knee and ankle have also been working in a different way over the months and I'm now having to also work through some additional pain in those areas on workouts I don't wear the wrap.
    3. My right thigh is larger than my left. My left leg has lost a bit of girth since I last took measurements and my right has gained girth. And I did the previous set of measurements while I still had a noticeable lump from the hematoma on the right at the time. Even just looking at my legs in the mirror, I can see a noticeable size difference between the two.

So my overall evaluation? They do nothing in terms of helping weight loss. And may actually hinder the way the muscles develop as you workout. I'll personally never use one ever again, for any reason, after my experience with this thigh trimmer.

The weakness may be because the trimmer is doing some of the work your muscles would normally be doing. It's the same concept as wearing an ankle brace... It will make your ankle weaker
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member

No the belt will not help you. Not one bit. Sorry.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    It does make you sweat more around the waist. More importantly, it helps you keep your abs tight during cardio. The belt should be worn as tightly as is comfortable (lay on the bed or the floor to put it on) and removed immediately after the workout. (I learned that one the hard way. If you leave it on too long after your workout it can cause extreme nausia)
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Will make you sweat more. May help keep your back muscles warm and give you a little back support. They increase blood circulation to the area, and therefore metabolism, which can contribute to weight loss but it's negligible. You get the same result by wearing a sweatshirt over a synthetic/wicking "t-shirt" (so the sweatshirt isn't soaked) this will also boost your metabolism and make you sweat. Sweating is good, helps clean out your skin (your largest organ) so it's not a bad thing. :bigsmile: