Need a dinner idea!

Options
The only calories I get tonight are what I run off when I get home thanks to free lunch at Chipotle today. My Hubby is 6'3" 230# and eats "like a real man" (he wolfed down his burrito before I finished half of my salad at lunch!) and I'm out of ideas.

I need something that will fill him up and satisfy the real man food craving but also something I can eat about 350 of and feel full. I have chicken and ground beef currently thawed in the fridge. We aren't that big on veggies either, but I do have some asparagus...

Any help would be appreciated. I'm just too tired today to think :)

Replies

• kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    if you have chicken that would be better than the beef. as far as what to cook do the asparagus...thats real good for you and the chicken just bake it. I will lay it in a casserole dish and cream of mushroom on it and let it bake till done. 350 degrees for 20-25 mins or until done....and serve with brown rice and the asparagus...yummy!!! i love it.
    I dont do alot other than spaghetti with beef so I dont know much with it.

good luck
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Someone on another thread suggested "Meatloaf Muffins." You make meatloaf and cook it in a muffin pan, to get individual servings. The recipe is posted in the Recipes section here. 2 muffins was 296 calories.
  • ksuworoff
    ksuworoff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...roasted asparagus (this is fantastic for broccoli too). lay your asparagus spears flat on a baking sheet, toss with salt, pepper and about a tablespoon of olive oil- if youhave PAM Olive Oil spray, even easier. Just eyeball the evoo. Roast in a 450 oven for 10 minutes, sprinkle lightly with shaved or grated parmesan cheese, roast again for 5 minutes. When finished, squeeze lemon juice over the top.

Pound out your chicken breasts until they're 1/4" thick (a bit thicker is ok too). heat a non-stick pan (use one with a lid), coat lightly with olive oil or cooking spray. Season the chicken with salt, pepper or what ever seasonings you like. Pan "fry" the chicken until brown, about 2-3 minutes, flip over and cover, continue to cook until done, about another 3 minutes. Covering the chicken during the last bit of cooking will help it stay super juicy. Let it rest for a few minutes before cutting into it.

I hope you try this...have fun with your spices!