Easy and Healthy Recipes

Options
belldandy1
belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
Can anyone suggest a healthy cook book that also relatively fast and easy recipes. I have a difficult time finding good healthy recipes because I am allergic to both beef and pork. I don't have a lot of time so I am looking for recipes that don't require a lot of time and effort to prepare. Also, I particularly like spicy food like Indian, Thai, and Latin foods. If you have any lean recipes in those categories that would be even better. Really, though, I like all sorts of food, so the type is not very important.

Replies

• artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I have just a general Asian cookbook that is great! I bought it just in the bargain bin at a bookstore, great place for cookbooks! The recipes are simple & most are healthy. The great thing about the book is that it lists the nutritional info. I think the most important find a cookbook geared towards healthy eating & that lists the nutritional values on it, that will set you up for success!

Best of luck!!
  • belldandy1
    Options
    Do you have the name of that cookbook? Maybe i could find it on Ebay or Amazon. I love Asian food!
  • adrienneflamm
    Options
    Try www.cookinglight.com... it's a great magazine, and with a magazine you can get new recipes each month to keep you from getting bored.

153654.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • belldandy1
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • coachkathy
    coachkathy Posts: 35
    Options
    i don't bother with buying cookbooks anymore. there are tons of websites with recipes. www.kraftfoods.com; www.allrecipes.com; just google recipes
  • sixela310
    sixela310 Posts: 7
    Options
    Try www.eatingwell.com... they give you the nutritional information for every recipe, so it's easy to put into MFP.
    I recently discovered the site and ordered the magazine too.. the magazine has a lot of great health oriented articles.

Also, look for Ellie Krieger's recipes on foonetwork.com. I've found most of them to be pretty good!

A cookbook that I own and have found really useful is "How to cook everything" by Mark Bittman. It's $23 on amazon.com, but it's big and has a ton of recipes.. and he tells you how to easily change up basic recipes...
  • renee22
    renee22 Posts: 33
    Options
    Clean Eating Magazine - healthy recipes w/ in season foods (cheapest fresh produce) & all the nutrition facts.....

I subscribe to the magazine & absolutely love it!!!!

Here is the website: http://www.cleaneatingmag.com

enjoy!