I just peed standing up! Girls only...

Options
Daphnemomof9
Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
Ok, so this is a little repulsive to some, namely my kids, but if you're anything like me, you have to go to the bathroom more often than there are bathrooms on a hike. So, I am so excited to announce that I have found the perfect tool for such an activity. As women, we can have the same ability to pee standing up discreetly in the woods. I just tried it in my bathroom and was elated. Has anyone else used this urinary director? Am I the only excited one to be using it? I want to spend more and more time hiking and even the 45 minute dog walk down to the end of my road challenges me at times. So has anyone used it out in the wild? :laugh:

I'd love to hear your experiences. Am I the only weird one? My kids think I'm crazy!

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I had to look it up. Never heard of it before but I wouldn't mind having one of those. That would come in mighty handy.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Those would be awesome for hiking. I'm going to have to get me some.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    can you post a pic or a link?
    i gotta see this...
  • Daphnemomof9
    Options
    Here's the link from REI. I actually purchased it at one of their stores.

http://www.rei.com/product/407267/sani-fem-freshette-feminine-urinary-director
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    lol
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I was at REI just weeks before leaving for a hiking/cycling trip thru Ireland and the sales rep (a male) had me pinned against the wall, trying to talk me into one of these! From what I understand they work really well, but we used the "girl scout circle" method while on our trip.

How do you clean/carry it while hiking? That's my concern, honestly! I wouldn't want to put it in my pack with my maps and snacks!!
  • grumpytroll
    grumpytroll Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Is this the She Wee ?? Lol Still think men have it easier
  • Daphnemomof9
    Options
    How do you clean/carry it while hiking? That's my concern, honestly! I wouldn't want to put it in my pack with my maps and snacks!!

Well, I don't think it would be that bad. The tube slides right up into the other part and it comes with a ziploc bag to store it in your pack. I figured I'd just rinse it off with some water before putting it back in.

I've never heard of the She Wee. Tell me more.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    That is cool! I showed my husband and he SO doesn't get it. **rolls eyes**
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I want.

Heck with for hiking, I want it for the next time I have to go into a nasty public bathroom!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am excited about it because you are so friggin' excited!!! Anything that assists me in my lavoratory adventures is a welcomed invention!!! Wooooottt!!!
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    I've heard of these and I know that a lot of women really love them! I, however, prefer just squatting down and peeing. Works great for me as long as you can get a very small amount of privacy! :)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of "The Crying Game".
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    TMI and passes out LOL my mom needs one of these things as every time she steps in to a car she needs to go!
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    You know, this kind of pisses me off (no pun intended). Already, we've allowed women to work outside of the home, and even vote. We even let them wear pants and drive. Now, they want to hone in on the "peeing standing up" too?! What the hell?!
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You know, this kind of pisses me off (no pun intended). Already, we've allowed women to work outside of the home, and even vote. We even let them wear pants and drive. Now, they want to hone in on the "peeing standing up" too?! What the hell?!

HAHAHAHAHA
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Hmmmm...I peed standing up too. I just tried it in my bathroom and I'm pumped up. Any other guy try to do this? It's amazing.

:wink:
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Hmmmm...I peed standing up too. I just tried it in my bathroom and I'm pumped up.
    Really? I have a hell of a time peeing when I'm pumped up.