REACHED MY GOAL

Options
hopeitworks
hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
I reached my goal last week. I didn't want to post it yet because I wanted to wait a few days to make sure I really did reach it! I know it's not a huge amount of weight lost compared to some of the big weight losses some others have achieved. We all work so hard to lose the weight. I'm excited about it, but I'm also nervous. I'm determined to keep it off this time, but maintenance is a little scary for me. I've lost and gained before in the past, but I want it to be different this time. Does anybody already on maintenance who has had success have any tips for me?

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    great job! :flowerforyou:
  • efrazee
    efrazee Posts: 3
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I don't know personally because I have not met my goal yet, but all of my in shape friends tell me that strength training is the key to maintaining your weight loss. Makes sense because the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism is.
  • CS13
    CS13 Posts: 1
    Options
    CONGRATS!
    This is an inspiration to everyone :smile:
    The only thing I can advise you is that it is much easier to maintain than it is to try to loose, but don't let that fool you. Always stay in control and remember that reaching your goal isn't the end, but rather the begining to a new stage in your life, where you can take the tools you've learnt from this weightloss journey and continue to use them in your new fabulous lifestyle! Keep up your success and enjoy your achievement - you deserve it :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Congrats!! I just met my goal and I am trying to maintain. I am just upping my calories a little each week until I get to where I need to be. Good luck!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Congrats!! I just met my goal and I am trying to maintain. I am just upping my calories a little each week until I get to where I need to be. Good luck!

Congrats to all!!!

would you mind sharing how you lost the weight, your exercise routine and calorie intake??

thanks
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!:laugh:
  • angelascott919
    Options
    congratulations!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SarahW8
    SarahW8 Posts: 12
    Options
    Great job!!!! Woohooo!!!!!! :bigsmile:

153921.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for the good words. I'm going to still log in my foods and exercise to keep on track while I get the maintenance mode down. Does anyone on maintenance still do that?
  • threeupthreedown
    Options
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Wooooo Hooooo! Congrats!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • djdirtypanda
    Options
    Haha, CONGRATULATIONS!!
    I'm so jealous. I bet you're incredibly proud of yourself.
    Good luck with the maintenance!!
    :DD
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for the good words. I'm going to still log in my foods and exercise to keep on track while I get the maintenance mode down. Does anyone on maintenance still do that?

CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou:
    I've ALSO met my goal, a few times in fact! :laugh:
    I can't seem to keep under my goal weight yet. Right now, I'm a pound over, AGAIN! :grumble:
    I will continue to log my foods AND get lots of exercise, because I do NOT EVER want to go back to what I used to look like! :noway:
    I've been juggling a few pounds both sides of my goal weight for the last 5 months now. I'd LIKE to lose another 5 to 8, just so that I can have alittle leeway, but, it just hasn't worked out that way yet!
    I'll just keep plugging away though, because I am determined to keep the weight off! :happy:
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
    Even if it isn't a huge number, it is a huge accomplisment!!!
    You reached your goal!!! Woo-Hoo!!! :happy:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Don't sell yourself short, hopeitworks! 23 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. From what I gather, it can seem harder to lose if you are already closer to your goal than if you have many pounds to lose. Personally, I've never been close to my goal, so I have no real way of knowing. But I'm so proud and happy for you!

Let us know how your maintenance goes, and PLEASE keep posting! I get so much encouragement from the folks who've reached and maintained their goals! Here's to you!! Congrats!!:drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is awesome! You must feel so great!

Congrats to you!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!