7 keto dhea, anyone taken it?

I've heard that it's good for improving your metabolism, I guess you get it at health stores. Anyone have any experience with it? Results?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    In super high doses...................maybe. Most supplements aren't worth what you pay for them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sphinxdust
    sphinxdust Posts: 59 Member
    I have, and combined with intense strength training and a strict diet, it did help burn extra fat away that I noticed, while feeling leaner and harder overall. The exact product I have tried about three times was 7-Keto MuscLEAN. These days I haven't thought of it again because I don't have a desire to burn any more fat unless I want to get extremely low Body Fat %, which I don't. I have recently begun trying 25 mg tablets of DHEA from Natrol, which I find makes quite a difference when lifting weights regularly to my physical limits.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    I bought 7-keto and didn't really notice anything. I felt it was a waste of money.
    I have recently begun trying 25 mg tablets of DHEA from Natrol, which I find makes quite a difference when lifting weights regularly to my physical limits.

I know what you mean. I'd take 100 mg of DHEA before my workout and be amazed by the weight I could lift. Time released DHEA doesn't seem to have the same effects.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    From wedmd.com

"There isn't enough information available to know if 7-keto-DHEA is safe for use. "