Finished logging in food diary for the day...

Options
babygurl48
babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
and then I end up going over by a few hundreds! It happened to me a few times already, and just wondering how does everyone deal with that. I am back on track the following day, and sometimes I do well and then I'll end up going over once in a while.

Replies

• babygurl48
    Options
    Would just like some input as to how to avoid eating after say, 10 or 11 o'clock at night. Thanks!
  • lnguyen578
    Options
    Brushing my teeth really helps for me or chewing gum. Are you eating because you're bored/stressed/emotional/etc.? Try writing down what you're feeling before you go grab something and see if that helps.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    try to eat better and save some for later so you dont go over. i do that sometimes too but if im hungry i eat popcorn the ff kettle corn. it sonly around 170 cal for half a bag. or ff pudding. or strawberris with whipped cream or ff cool whip. only less than 100 cals for a huge bowl of a cup of berries. sometimes i drizzle choc syrup on too like dessert very yum. but if you go over afew times its not gonna kill you. eat if your hungry no matter what time of the day.
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    I drink hot herbal tea at night. It helps me a lot.
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    As far as the not eating after 10 or 11 - I brush, floss, and use mouthwash by 10!!! LOL!!! I'm serious!! If a craving hits in the middle of the day, I will pop in a piece of super minty gum or brush my teeth. Who wants food right after brushing!!! NASTY!!! And if you eat after you have done your whole brush, floss, wash routine, you have to do it all over again - too much work for some unnecessary food!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As far as not going over your goal - are you tracking as the day progresses, or are you sitting down at the end of the night and then inputing all of it??? I find that if I wait all day (which I do fairly often because of my crazy work schedule), I am surprised at the end (lately it has been more like, "oh crap, I need to eat more"). If you log it as you go, you can plan for success!!!

No matter what - DON'T give up!!! DON'T get frustrated!!!! It's already in the past! Focus on today!! TODAY you CAN make healthy decisions. Today you CAN exercise!!! Today you CAN come in at or under goal! We believe in you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • babygurl48
    Options
    Brushing my teeth really helps for me or chewing gum. Are you eating because you're bored/stressed/emotional/etc.? Try writing down what you're feeling before you go grab something and see if that helps.
    boredom is one.. usually i go to gym sometimes at night when i can, and that helps..
  • babygurl48
    Options
    As far as the not eating after 10 or 11 - I brush, floss, and use mouthwash by 10!!! LOL!!! I'm serious!! If a craving hits in the middle of the day, I will pop in a piece of super minty gum or brush my teeth. Who wants food right after brushing!!! NASTY!!! And if you eat after you have done your whole brush, floss, wash routine, you have to do it all over again - too much work for some unnecessary food!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As far as not going over your goal - are you tracking as the day progresses, or are you sitting down at the end of the night and then inputing all of it??? I find that if I wait all day (which I do fairly often because of my crazy work schedule), I am surprised at the end (lately it has been more like, "oh crap, I need to eat more"). If you log it as you go, you can plan for success!!!

No matter what - DON'T give up!!! DON'T get frustrated!!!! It's already in the past! Focus on today!! TODAY you CAN make healthy decisions. Today you CAN exercise!!! Today you CAN come in at or under goal! We believe in you!!! :flowerforyou:
    no, i track as i go when i'm home.. i never wait till the end of the day
  • babygurl48
    Options
    thanks everyone!! Appreciate the input!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I take my last meal before I sleep like half hr or one hr.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you go over a lot, Try to save some calories for late night eating. That's what I do.