Ladies Answer This......ugh

Options
Shanta1983
Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
Today Aunt flo came to visit, I juts tried to work out and do some aerobics and it only lasted 15 mins my head started spinning and I feel nausea. I feel like a blimp. I got on the scale didnt feel any better a couple days prior to this I gain 4lbs . I hope It is because of my menustrual. I havent ate enough to gain weight. I feel so sick I hate this:frown: :indifferent: :sad: . Do you ladies workout during aunt flo week. I feel like a blimp right now.... help thoughts and opinions glady appreciated

Replies

• rockchic9382
    Options
    It was probably just water weight. I've known girls that gain up to 5 lbs of water weight while PMSing. I myself gain 3-4 lbs. I do still work out though, depending on how I feel I may take the first day off or just go easy. It's different for every girl though I'm sure. Try walking for an hour at a brisk pace it's fairly easy on the body and you'll still burn over 400 calories.
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I always skip my workout on my heaviest day...but other than that i feel better if i work out while aunt flo is visiting. But I suppose we are all built different. So if you are uncomfortable, try doing something lower impact like a stroll around the block.
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You might have felt that way if you didn't eat enough. I hate TOM!! I just got over mine. I usually gain 2-3 pounds as well during that time.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Well for what it is worth, your body retains more fluid just before your period and this changes your blood pressure slightly, perhaps this is why you are dizzy. sometimes we fear the scale so much we starve ourselves to hope it goes back down, are you keeping up your nutrition? weight fluctuation is normal during this time too!
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    As much as it sucks, I do try to do my normal routine when I get my friend. I'll begin running and feel like crap but I push through it and actually feel better by the end of my workout. Sometimes i will do something lower impact like walking on the very first day but then I try to just push through.

And weight gain is normal during that week. It can fluctuate between 2-5 lb gain but its just water weight and should go away in the next week!

To avoid feeling bloated watch your salt intake, lessen it even, and drink LOTS of water :)
  • ash1352
    ash1352 Posts: 9
    Options
    I TOTALLY feel ya! But make sure you are keeping everything the same. I understand you are in pain, but what I have found is that if I keep my diet the exact same and my workout the exact same, you see the results once you are off your cycle. Just try to stay away from normal month temptations...i.e. Chocolate, for me. I feel ya girl, but trust me, although you may feel heavy now, work through it....you'll see some good results once Aunt Flo leaves! :happy:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Oh My thanks ladies I do feel better. And yes I am watching my nutrition I try to atleast eat 1200 calories if I cant maje my 1420. And I do workout 5days a week . I just feel iritable I think Im goin to skip this day:sad:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    can't say that it affects me either way, i just looked back in my spreadsheet where i keep track of my treadmill info and it was the same as usual, my weight did go up a lb or so, i will pay more attention next time and see what happens
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    Only if I can tolerate it, and don't even pay the weight gain any mind that is nothing but water weight and hormones messing with you! My "flo" is all messed up since I started working out **SMH** so I understand exactly how your feeling!
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    I TOTALLY feel ya! But make sure you are keeping everything the same. I understand you are in pain, but what I have found is that if I keep my diet the exact same and my workout the exact same, you see the results once you are off your cycle. Just try to stay away from normal month temptations...i.e. Chocolate, for me. I feel ya girl, but trust me, although you may feel heavy now, work through it....you'll see some good results once Aunt Flo leaves! :happy:

Oh my of course Im keeping y nutrition the same no doubt, But the workout today Im not feeling it Hopefully tommorow.:sad:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    As much as it sucks, I do try to do my normal routine when I get my friend. I'll begin running and feel like crap but I push through it and actually feel better by the end of my workout. Sometimes i will do something lower impact like walking on the very first day but then I try to just push through.

And weight gain is normal during that week. It can fluctuate between 2-5 lb gain but its just water weight and should go away in the next week!

To avoid feeling bloated watch your salt intake, lessen it even, and drink LOTS of water :)

Ugh I understand Im start tommorrow today is unbearable. and yes Im keeping my nutrition the same
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Here's a trick I totally swear by... if you are feeling really bloated and uncomfortable from TOM, try putting a few (like 5-6) drops of lemon juice in your water. You'll have to pee really bad in about 20 minutes or so, but I always feel so much better after that.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Now for the bad advice, attention everyone get ready to be mad at me! Ready , Set, Go!

Alcohol is a blood thinner, in moderation it can help with the onset of horrible cramps, in the evening not driving but have a nice glass of wine to reduce those early symptoms and get things going so to speak.

You may all proceed to hate on me if you wish! I am a post Menopausal veteran, so be gentle and know the advice comes from 40 years of dealing!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    ooh... now i have an excuse for a glass of vino for my cramps! thanks!!!! LOL!!!!
  • epmuh8
    epmuh8 Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks for asking the question, and thanks for all the advice. will need to try!
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Oh My thanks for all the advice you guys are totally awesome ,,,you right
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I often gain up to 5 pounds the week before.....and though I don't wanna work out during I do...I just take it easy........................so take a day off.

:flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Hang in there. I often gain up to 5 pounds the week before.....and though I don't wanna work out during I do...I just take it easy........................so take a day off.

:flowerforyou:

I do feel better
  • mojomcgee
    mojomcgee Posts: 50
    Options
    First of all please don't starve yourself due to aunt flo. That just puts your body into starvation mode and it tries to hang onto what ever calories you give it. It's very important to continiue to eat your alloted number of calories daily so your blood suger stays level and you won't get dizzy and have nausea. As for exercise - I do it every other day, 3-4 times a week and if I'm having an extra yucky cycle I might skip the exercise for a couple of days and even skip the scale until next week so I won't be discouraged because even though I know the extra is probably just water weight it's still a bummer. I only weigh myself once a week. I find that psychologically that's best for me.
    Hangin in There:)
  • lnwallace
    lnwallace Posts: 11
    Options
    I love the wine advice! I might just try it everyday!