exercises routines

Options
hi i new to this i wondered how long people exercises for and what they do each day

Replies

• MrsKato1021
    MrsKato1021 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i do beachbody workouts,turbo jam and chalean extreme. I love working out in my own home, given me flexibility to plan my day. I use to go to the gym but hated having to drive there..very time consuming for me. what are you thinking about doing?
  • Frogmother
    Frogmother Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym 3 times a week and try to do 30 minutes of cardio each day or 20 minutes of strengh training do you think this is enought
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Mine varies. I'll walk for just under two hours a day, run for around 15 minutes, cycle for approximately 20-30 minutes or play Kinect for 20-30 minutes.

Running is my best choice. Started off doing it once a week due to shin splints, but now it's every alternate day.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I do a 1hour bootcamp class twice a week and 20-30min jogging Sundays.

I avoid escalators and elevators.

I try to use the stairs or walk to destinations rather than car or public transportation. When it gets warmer, I will be cycling everywhere.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I do whatever my heart desire at the moment. I get bored fast and have to switch it up. Supreme 90, jump rope, trampoline, weights, the firm, Hot Bod in a Box, tennis or walking. What ever motivates me that day.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I do a Pilates class on Mondays and Tuesday and Thursday I do Zumba Wed I do the elliptical and Friday I do a powerbarz class sometimes n the weekend I do the elliptical also unless its nice out then I do yardwork
  • xoAmyxo
    xoAmyxo Posts: 110
    Options
    i jog/walk for 45 mins & then do stairs & then 70 crunches and 70 sit ups 5x a week.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hi i new to this i wondered how long people exercises for and what they do each day

I do different things based on what my goal is. I'm training for a tri right now, so three times a week I swim a mile, then the other three days (I have a rest day) I run a 5k and do cycling, or hit the pool if I'm really tired.

A couple months before this, I was swimming three times a week, taking spin class twice and running once a week.

Find something you love. I love spin class, so after this tri, I will be getting back into that. I know our gym offer boot camp classes and yoga, zumba and water aerobics. Tons of fun options!

And if you're an outdoors person, cycling or hiking might be your thing. The important part is to get moving :)