Falling off for the weekend

Options
So during the week I do really well with sticking to everything I'm supposed to eat/do. Then the weekend comes. I can't seem to stay on track though! I don't snack really (thankfully) but, I can't seem to control my portion sizes and just eat waaaay more than I should. I feel like all of my self control just goes out the window and my mentality is "well you eat fine during the week." Anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you combat it?

Replies

• KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i am having an off weekend for sure...i do try to stay on track and i try to do that by doing extra exercises or planning out my food for the entire weekend ahead of time...i know that can be hard sometimes like for me yesterday we had some unexpected company which threw me way out of wack....but i figure if i deny myself indulging every once in a while im just gonna hate this lifestyle change and then just want to quit....but planning usually helps me....and exercising or throwing in an extra exercise during the week to make up for the bad weekend LOL just kknow that its gonna happen and just try not to feel guilty about it...because its not a diet....its a lifestyle change
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I always hear people talk about cheat days. One of my trainers said aim for a cheat meal instead of a whole day. When I have a pig fest, I don't feel to badly about it. Just try to do better at the next meal. Baby steps. It's a lifestyle and all that other cliche stuff.
  • xkins
    xkins Posts: 7
    Options
    I always have a cheat day, my problem is i tend to turn it into an entire weekend >.< I wake up saying "I'm going to stay on the bandwagon today." I think I just need to plan better for when I'm always out on weekends and I don't have my foods/snacks on hand so I end up at the gas station trying to find the healthiest thing there which is like saying "Oh i'm going to McDonalds and I'm going to eat the chicken because it's better for you than the pink slime beef."