Why You Should NEVER Eat Vegetable Oil or Margarine!

Options
2»

Replies

• sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Only ever use virgin olive oil, and olive oil spread (which is extremely rare, as I don't eat anything that would need anything spread on it, such as sandwiches or toast or new potato's)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Oh, and finally, the 100% false statement pertaining to "toxic erucic acid." Erucic Acid is not toxic. It's an Omega 9 monounsaturated fatty acid, so it's not even the "evil polyunsaturated" that this article is fear mongering against. It's classified as a nonessential fatty acid, because the human body actually manufactures it. Erucic acid is also very commonly found in cabbages and mustard. This is what I'm talking about when I say hyperbole and fear mongering kills the author's credibility.

Can you show me the source of the study?
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15051601
    Here's one. It's a study on heart disease. People who consumed more leafy greens and mustard oil had a significantly lower incidence of heart disease. Leafy greens and mustard oil are both natural sources of erucic acid. How about showing me a study that says erucic acid is toxic in humans? I can't find any. Only found a study that showed that it's toxic in large quantities in rats, but then, Omega 3's are toxic to rats, also, so that really only proves that you shouldn't feed canola oil to your pet rat.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I never heard that they were good for you... I always thought/been told they were bad. Olive oil is the heart-healthy oil...
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump. Thanks for sharing!
  • MrsCanuck
    MrsCanuck Posts: 16
    Options

1. Butter > margarine

2. Olive oil > all

Me too.