Homemade coleslaw

Options
ErnieM88
ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
Just bought myself a new blender with a grater attachment ( last one was V old and did nothing but blend) does anyone have the recipe for homemade low fat coleslaw?

Replies

• doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    shred cabbage and mix with tzatziki instead of mayonnaise. Or, you can try yogurt and wasabi if you like a little kick.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    slice/shred whatever veggies (I use cabbage, both colors and carrots with a bit of onion).

I make the dressing half greek yogurt and half mayo (or all yog if you want, I have a picky family who wouldn't eat it if they knew there was yogurt in it), splenda or other sweetner, garlic, salt, pepper, and some kind of vinegar. I can't really give you measurements because I just throw it together.

I often use olive oil and cut mayo in salads. No one knows that when I make potato salad I toss the stuff with olive oil first then about 1/3 of the mayo I would normally use.
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use light mayo, Splenda, and red wine vinegar. Just figure out what proportions are good to you! I prefer lots of vinegar in mine. I was actually surprised that I didn't miss the real sugar and full fat mayo.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    carrots, both colors of cabbage, broccoli stems, smidge of red onion. Use mayo/0% greek yogurt, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, apple cider vinegar for dressing. if you like it sweet, keep the vinegar, and add some sugar. you dont have to use splenda. there isn't enough real sugar to make a significant caloric difference.
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    carrots, both colors of cabbage, broccoli stems, smidge of red onion. Use mayo/0% greek yogurt, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, apple cider vinegar for dressing. if you like it sweet, keep the vinegar, and add some sugar. you dont have to use splenda. there isn't enough real sugar to make a significant caloric difference.

There's a lot of sugar when I make it! lol I like it sweet and bitey :laugh: