Hello

Options
So to give you a tiny bit of background, I am a former Navy man (Corpsman for those that know what the heck I am talking about), that spent the last 3 of my last 6 years in with Lima Co 3rd Bn 3rd Marines. I got out in 1999. So now it has been almost 10 years. After I got out, I, shall we say, let myself slide. I came to the conclusion several years ago (more like less than a year after I got out) that I make a terrible civilian. I loved the military and everything about it. I have since decided that, well, just because it is still possible, I am going to try to get into the Army.Needless to say, I have to both drop a bunch of weight (read 100lbs, yes I am fat, get over it already) and back into shape. I have started with the diet. My wife and I actually picked up "The Biggest Loser" cook books and have been following those. That is not my biggest problem. My 2 biggest problems are working out, and the motivation to do said work out.I have resources aplenty for what to do to work out, but lack motivation. I really should not say lack motivation. As sad as it is that I admit this to anyone but myself, I do better when following orders, or following a cadence. Maybe it is the undiagnosed ADHD/ADD in me, but that type of discipline works better for me. Does anyone know a good way to pull that out of yourself? How do you turn that off?

P.S. Feel free to comment however you see fit, but if you are going to troll, don't expect to get a rise out of me, I am done with that.

Replies

• pluggedin4good
    Options
    Ah man you got the same problem I got. I am new to this site myself and while I can eat right, I need to track it to see how much of the right thing I am eating - know what I mean.

As for the workout - well I am on the fence and I can't get my behind off. Like you I am looking to loose 100 pounds.

I hope someone has a great jumpstarte to share with us, cause I am so unmotivated. BTW don't send me to the GYM - its paid for for the entire year and located dowstairs at my office - its not working.

Lima, just wanted to say, I understand.
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    First off Drop and give me 20, lol. Okay maybe that wasn't funny. I am a Navy wife and I see this problem alot although most don't want back in. It seems that as soon as anyone gets out the weight starts coming. You need to figure out how much you really want to get back in and get yourself motivated. This site will definately help with that. Just keep on the boards and you will get the support you need. And thank you for supporting our country!!
  • lima33doc
    lima33doc Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow...a Navy wife...nice. I will avoid the questions about what your husband does/where he is and such. As far as how much I want to get back in, well anyone that has known me for more than 10 minutes can usually tell I am former military, and another 10 amd you can tell I still have the itch.

PS, the drop and give me 20 WAS actually funny, had you said Marine wife I might have to actually have done it...lol
  • lima33doc
    Options
    The bad part is that the gym really isn't an option for me; my best bet is throwing a weihted pack on my back and going hiking to start with and then working to running.
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    Aww so Marine wives are better huh. LOL!! For that I should make you give me more then 20. Since you said you are better with orders I think it would help if you joined one of the groups on the site that do certain workouts each day and give updates with weigh ins. That might keep you more focused like the military would. I know you can do it you just need to push yourself.
  • lima33doc
    Options
    Nah, just tend to pick up more Marine habits...lol. Of course knowing Marines the way that I do, that is NOT always a good thing...lol. I will have to look into these groups you mention.