Stuck at work on Easter Thread

Options
adamtall
adamtall Posts: 275 Member
Come on i know im not the only one :) wheres the rest of my Easter workers :)

Replies

• Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Not working, but sprained my ankle a week ago and could not make the flight (or 6hour drive) to go spend Easter with my family as usual. The ankle also prevents me from doing much (going for a hike, etc), and although getting some downtime is good, after 3 days, I'm sick of being stuck at home.
  • klpruitt7
    klpruitt7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Right here with you!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I'm not at work yet, but I will be in a couple of hours. *sob*
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I'll be off in 2 mins. I work Graveyard 11pm-7am
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm working! I have to cook dinner for the cleints that don't have anywhere to go (I work at a mental health group home) then I go home for another dinner.
  • adamtall
    Options
    where you guys work

also sorry about the ankle :( villene

im working at a resturant so its going to be slow as hell but at least i wrote the schedule so im working with people i enjoy being around
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Present 0530-1730, yhea no brunch with the in-laws, wait NO BRUNCH WITH THE IN-LAWS darn it.
  • pasturepilot
    pasturepilot Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I'm in a Detroit hotel, on temporary loan to our understaffed crew base here (I'm an Atlanta-based pilot). Supposedly I'll be home tonight at 7:30 after 6 days on the road.
  • klpruitt7
    klpruitt7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    IT Dept at a hospital. I am the only one in my department with children, and I'm the one that "gets" to work!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! Here I sit working dayshift on the border waiting to go home for ham dinner! Slow day though which is good!
    Forgot to mention I work as a Canada Customs officer.
  • adamtall
    Options
    its my first year with a baby and it was my turn to work it :/ oh well illget home soon enough

i had dinner with the inlaws last night (not sure why everyone hates there in laws mine like me more than their daughter most of the time lol)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm not working, but I am stuck away from home because of work.
  • adamtall
    Options
    thats the worst if you cant go anywhere because you work the next day
  • adamtall
    Options
    oh come on guys i know theres more of you out there :)

whats one of the things you dont mind about working Easter

for me is its not that busy and im going to be working with people whos company i really like and have fun with
  • hoffo83
    hoffo83 Posts: 51
    Options
    ive been in work since 0730 and im here till 2000. i live such a rock and roll lifestyle
  • adamtall
    Options
    ive been here since about 7 too but i get to leave at 3 not 8 :)
  • HelloSweetie4
    Options
    I don't mind working because the clients are helping cook a dinner (just put the ham in for a 1pm dinner!) and I get to eat with them, which is always fun and eventful!

Also I miss family brunch, which usually turns into a confusing fiasco and no one actually ends up eating together. I will be having my parents and M-I-L over for dinner later so I won't go without seeing family :-)

Also! I get out of cooking dinner tonight. My husband gets out of work earlier than me so he will be doing most of it and dang is he a good cook!
  • adamtall
    Options
    nice you guys doing ham at the house as well? mmmm i love ham dinners :)
  • HelloSweetie4
    Options
    Yup!
    At work it's ham with pineapples and cherries and at home is glazed ham yummmm
  • hoffo83
    hoffo83 Posts: 51
    Options
    sounds good. the cook here is doing a pork dinner. i work in a mental health hospital. dont mind working to much mind as its double time. plus it keeps me out of trouble. :wink: