Replies

• anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    ginger & lime <3
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you have a teavana near you can sample teas there and pick out the one you want :)

I've tried Teavana and they're great!

But I'm sold to David's Teas; especially the caramel popcorn one... and the cake flavored ones... Great when I have a sugar craving at night :)

They also have 'regular' teas; that aren't as flavored... They ship to Canada/USA online. I'm not sure how many stores they have in the USA, I know they have two in NYC.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I love a good Mint or Peppermint Tea. I also like Green Tea when I'm not feeling well. :)
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I drink a lot of matcha (when I want a treat I will make a matcha latte in almond milk - yum!). I also enjoy other green and red teas aswell. I buy flavoured black teas in the summer for making homemade iced tea (double yum!) . I often buy my teas from "teaopia" or this little tea shop called "the naked leaf".
  • loadedwords
    loadedwords Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's Candy Cane Green Tea. It's decaf so I have some almost every evening. They only carry it during the holidays but it stores well. I bet peppermint green tea would be just as good.
  • Nichole23225
    Nichole23225 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    At night before bed I like Celestial Seasonings "Sleepy Time" tea.
    My other any time favorite is Twinings Lady Jane decaf.
    And thanks for mentioning Teavana - there website is awesome (a little overwhelming with the choices), but I discovered that there is a location at one of the local malls. I'll have to check it out!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Stash (a lot of good ones)
    Republic of Tea (Blackberry Sage, all the Superfruits)
    http://www.marketspice.com/store/category/tea-/page-all (Cinnamon Orange on this site is incredible)
    Mighty Leaf (their Earl Grey is really good)
    PG Tips

Tea is so good once you get the good brands. Lipton, not so good. I stick to blacks or whites but I do try to get some greens in even though I do not care for the taste at all. I tend to "mix" a lot, especially when I make iced so I put in 3-4 bags green then 2 or so bags of black just to get a nice flavor with the benefits of the green tea.
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Tazo awake and chai teas
    Numi mint tea
    Mighty leaf earl grey.
    I'm slowly drinking green tea, I don't love it but am trying to for the health benefits.
  • clbelles
    clbelles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice. It is sweet without adding any sweetner. I order it on line. I drink it hot and cold! Love it!!
  • jbdesign28
    jbdesign28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh good god. I have a tea obsession. If I had to estimate, I probably have about 150 kinds of tea in my tea closet. Yes, I have a tea closet. Yes, tea does get old, and I know I have too much.

That said, I primarily drink green tea in the morning, keeping a variety in it. I love lightly flavored green teas as part of my variety in food. The flavors also keep me from missing the sugar I used to put into them, but recognized with the amount of tea I was drinking, I was adding about 50 calories on my day without noticing. I avoid caffeine after about 1pm, so I choose decaf teas then (go with a high quality tea if you're choosing decaf, lower quality tend to suffer on the taste). Or I chose a naturally decaffeinated tea like rooibos (red tea) or another herbal tea. If you just want less caffeine, pour your hot water over your tea, then discard that first steeping after about a minute and steep again. Most of the caffeine comes off in the early steep to my understanding.

Republic of Tea has some WONDERFUL flavors, and are good quality. They seem expensive, but have 50 bags in their tins of bagged tea, so it isn't that much more than most other brands.

Zhena's Gypsy tea has some crazy and tasty flavors as well, and are on about the same price point as RoT.

If you have a Teavana at your local mall, they have some really out there teas, often with some amazing flavors, and their matevana is a staple in my house. Their teas are sold by the 2 oz measure, and range from under $5 for that to $25 for the rare stuff. 2 oz lasts me forever. All their teas are loose.

For less exotic teas, I still like Celestial Seasonings and Twinings, I make my iced tea out of Red Rose. The only brands I DON'T like are Bigelow and Lipton.

Tea really is an adventure, and adds a lot of no calorie options into your drink arsenal, just start trying some different kinds, it is a lot of fun! And remember, if you don't care for something hot, the flavor isn't as pronounced over ice. Pay attention to steeping temperatures, as steeping tea at too high a temperature can really bitter it in the case of green tea, and ruin the flavor of white tea. Herbals teas usually need the water up at a full boil to extract all the flavors and health properties (but not always!). Different people also like different amounts of steep time. Black teas can get bitter for me when steeped for too long, so when trying a new tea, I steep for about 2 minutes at the first go, and increase if necessary. Also, many teas can give you two good steepings out of the same leaves! Give it a try.

I second this post! There are so many amazing teas. Tazo (Green tea variety) is my go-to brand for bagged tea at work, but I really recommend loose leaf. You will get much fresher tasting and higher quality teas. I buy Davidson's White Tea from Amazon for everyday use. You can get it as a subscribe and save item which brings down the cost. And it stands up to a second steeping which most bagged teas don't.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into trying more types of tea, but I have a cup of PG Tips (black tea) every night before bed. I grew up with the stuff (since I was 3 years old, my mother used to put it in my bottle...) and it reminds me of home, so I allow myself that one indulgence per day.
  • LittleSimoni
    Options
    I drink Maeda-en Brown Rice Tea with match. I like Tazo Awake (I usually get that at Starbucks, iced). Twinnings de-calf Lady Earl Grey is a nice too,
  • jmlynch502
    jmlynch502 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like the blossoming teas (they sell them at teavana with a glass tumbler - although it's kind of pricey). It encourages me to drink more tea, and thus more water, because it such an eye catcher and everyone asks me about it. This just makes me want to drink more!
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The Good Earth Tea. It is sweet and spicy (with no added sweetener).
  • fitnessbudget
    Options
    'Good Earth' Original Spicy Herbal Tea...:drinker:
  • fitnessbudget
    Options
    We have the same favorite tea!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I drink Bigelow organic green tea! I like hot green tea plain and I drink alot of tea (especially when I am studying) ...I prefer just plain green tea, but I like Tazo green tea and lemongrass flavor is pretty good too :)
  • melissabatmcnet
    melissabatmcnet Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Bigelow green tea with peach..
  • ashhhhole
    ashhhhole Posts: 74
    Options
    I love Earl Grey. Tastes like Fruit Loops.
  • ERIKARJ
    ERIKARJ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea my favorite is the Celestial Seasoning brand.... The one i really los is honey Lemon ginseng green tea.... And Rooibos peach passion.