Slim in 6

Options
For those that have done Slim in 6 - Did you do cardio or weights in addition to the program? I wasn't sure if the DVD's were enough. Thanks.

Replies

• bunny_98
    bunny_98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    when i did the program a few months ago, i only did the videos. i would do the ab routine and the stretching every morning five days a week, then the video in the evening 5-6 days a week. i really found that it worked well for me, but as the weather got better i moved to outdoor activities. im thinking about adding it back in 3 days a week for the weight training.

i hope it works as well for you!
  • wwalke02
    wwalke02 Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I am doing Slim In 6 right now. I am on my last week of Ramp It Up start Burn It Up Next week!

Before I started SI6 I would workout 1-3 times a day but SI6 is kicking my butt! I am loving it though. Weight is just falling off!

Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm doing SI6 right now, and I usually do maybe 20 minutes or so on the treadmill (walk/jog) or elliptical trainer 3 or 4 times per week in addition to the videos. Don't think it's necessary or required for the program; I just like to have a little more cardio and burn a few more calories!
  • bunny_98
    Options
    did anyone else get the next series? i tried tone it up today. my heartrate stayed around 140 bpm and im trying to figure out what to put that under for my exercise diary. it was cardio with weights. so it seems like maybe its more than weight training, and more than regular cardio videos. i think i added it as circuit training. any suggestions?
  • kanew89
    kanew89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I just started my 4th week on Si6 (3rd Phase, Burn It Up) and am finding that it's still challenging for me. Since I dont have a heart rate monitor, I use the "Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort" calorie count for the Burn It Up. If I think I put forth my best effort, I leave it at approx. 500 calorie burn for the 59 mins. If I put forth a moderate to high effort, I usually key in about 450 calories.

I'm a little disappointed in the weight loss thus far (only about 4 lbs) but can definitely tell I'm getting stronger and every day the work out gets easier. I am sticking with my caloric intake so I'm not sure why I'm not seeing a greater weight loss. How much have others lost within the 6 weeks?

I see other people asked if you should add in additional workouts and my opinion is that this program is enough! I dont think you need to do additional cardio. I think you run the risk of injury, since you're already working out 6 days per week! But the 6 day express, does have you doing 2 workouts a day (for 6 days only), which I plan to do the final week of the program. Anyone else try the 6 day express? I think I'm going to continue with the "Keep It Up" for week 7 and beyond until I hit my goal weight!
  • kanew89
    Options
  • qtful22
    qtful22 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am in my 4th week of SI6 and my weightloss has been slow coming as well. I mean, I have lost inches for sure (dropped a size) and things are more toned, but my doc tells me that's because I am building muscle. I am doing Burn It Up and it kills me still. I can't do the lunges (bad knees), but I do more upper cuts and jabs during that section.

It's funny because I was thinking about doing more cardio and getting on my treadmill to expedite the weight loss, but I don't want to kill myself! I am staying right in line with my 1200 calories a day, but I just wish I could see more success on the scale, not just in my clothes size....
  • bunny_98
    Options
    i guess i had a similar problem at first. i didnt lose a single pound in my first 2 weeks, but i noticed several inches. then the weeks to follow i definately started losing. my slim in six lasted way more than six weeks. i did it for several months. from december until i think april. during that time i lost around 20 pounds. i had much more weight to lose than just six weeks of work.
  • kanew89
    Options
    Bunny, do you recall how much weight you did loose within the first 6 weeks? And once you finished the initial program did you just continue with Burn It Up? Or did you move to the "Keep It Up" Week 7 and Beyond? I just ordered one off Amazon.com. I'll let ya know how it is once I get it. I'm trying to get 15-20 lbs off by July 15th! Not sure how realistic that is but I plan to do the 6 day express in my 6th week.
  • Tere07
    Tere07 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience with the SI6 program. You gotta remember that eating clean is real impt with any wo program. You may be getting the same cals. but if they are not the healthy type like top 2 from michis ladder, then it will do no good. I lost only 10 lbs the first time I did SI6 and I know if I ate cleaner, I could've lost more. Here I am again starting the program after I did Chalean Extreme and ready to bump this weight loss more. I will start tomorrow again and begin BIU for the next 4 weeks.

Drop by my thread, Thanks!

Tere KPP!
  • kandila_ana
    Options
    Hi Everyone. :smile: Okay what's the SLIM6? and where can I read about it?

Also How do I put the Loss Counter here? I made one, but I never see it show up. I'm feeling Forum Challenged. :)
  • bunny_98
    Options
    i did keep pretty good records of my weight loss. i looked back and it looks like i lost 10 pounds and 5.5 inches in my first 6 weeks. i did the program a little differently though. it took me 2 weeks on the first video, and 4 weeks on the second video. i did them 5 days a week instead of 6 and i never tried the six day express. i would do the abs and stretching in the morning 5 days a week, then the main video 5 days in the afternoon. i must have been that out of shape, because i just couldnt progress any quicker. after that, i spent another 2 months or so doing the third video.

tere, i know what you mean. i find that if i eat wrong, even if im still under my calorie count, i wont lose and dont have the energy to exercise hard. it seems like sugars mostly for me. if i eat something with sugar, which i have cut alot, i find that i stay the same or even gain. even when all week i have stayed within my range.
  • Tere07
    Options
    tere, i know what you mean. i find that if i eat wrong, even if im still under my calorie count, i wont lose and dont have the energy to exercise hard. it seems like sugars mostly for me. if i eat something with sugar, which i have cut alot, i find that i stay the same or even gain. even when all week i have stayed within my range.

Yeah, I guess we just have to see what works best for our bodies if it's carb manipulation, dairy or cutting back on fruits for that matter. They are high in sugar.
  • kanew89
    Options
    Well I guess I'm on the same path....to loose 10 lbs by end of the 6 weeks. I'm 1/2 way through the 5th week and am planning to do the Express. My biggest problem is not actually eating clean, but eating frequent small meals is challenging for me. Those that have done the ChaleanExtreme....what were your results. Did you like it?
  • kanew89
    Options
    Hi Everyone. :smile: Okay what's the SLIM6? and where can I read about it?

Also How do I put the Loss Counter here? I made one, but I never see it show up. I'm feeling Forum Challenged. :)

Slim in 6 is a workout regimen. There are infomercials on all the time and you can check it out on Beachbody.com

The loss counter, you got me...I cant figure it out either. It says to copy and paste the thread but it didnt work for me.
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    I would also like to know how ChaLEAN Extreme compares to Slim in 6. I have been doing Slim in 6 and I love the program, but I am wondering what ChaLEAN would be like. How long is each segment? Do you get a workout schedule with the program?
  • Tere07
    Options
    Well I guess I'm on the same path....to loose 10 lbs by end of the 6 weeks. I'm 1/2 way through the 5th week and am planning to do the Express. My biggest problem is not actually eating clean, but eating frequent small meals is challenging for me. Those that have done the ChaleanExtreme....what were your results. Did you like it?

How's your progress now since you're on your 5th week? Good for you for eating clean. I managed to learn how to eat clean and I notice a difference with how I taste food now. I finished CE and lost 6 lbs and 6 inches mostly in the mid section. I know I could've done better bec. I just winged it with my food that time. Now while soing SI6, I am really tracking my food intake and trying to eat clean 90% of the time. This is my 1st week into BIU and 3 more to go...

:bigsmile:

Tere
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Also make sure you are eating enough calories. I sometimes eat so clean that I don't get enough of the daily requirements. I try to eat the veggies and fruits and forget that carbs are also required. That is what is so great about the food diary because I go through around lunch to type in what I have eaten and plan to eat and I see if I am up or down on calories to know what I need to add or tweek to get the correct numbers.
  • kanew89
    Options