serious easter binging....

Options
13»

Replies

• Coach74sb
    Coach74sb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Isn't Easter all about forgiveness and 2nd chances anyway?! :-)
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    But, I don't feel it fair to judge anyone, as most people have done this at some point. It shows great insensitivity on a forum populated by some with binge eating disorders, bulimia and emotional eating issues, to point a finger and talk about control. I am sure people are feeling unhappy enough with themselves as it is. I am all for being blunt and to the point, but there is a fine line between that, and simply being spiteful.

Give me a break. I advocate, more than anyone, that they should eat what they enjoy and not live a restrictive "healthy" lifestyle that is constantly perpetuated on these forums by uneducated, clueless individuals. As a result of this continual perpetuation, we end up with people who fear food then feel guilty from eating it then blah blah. What happens when someone binges? Don't worry. Get back on the wagon and eat your restrictive diet again so that you can binge again because you aren't eating what you want. Then we have an endless loop of individuals constantly binging to the point of sickness and then going back to a diet that makes them miserable but try and convince themselves it makes them happy since it's "healthy to the core."

And I already know the plethora of predictable, emotional responses:
    (1) Moderation doesn't work for everyone
    (2) Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for all of us
    (3) It isn't our fault (and a thousand variations of these)
    (4) etc. etc.

I'm not trying to be insensitive but it is very unlikely that everyone here has BED because of a biological deficiency. Believe me, more than anything, I want to help everyone here. It's a frustrating experience because almost everyone here has no clue what the **** they're doing. This constant advocacy for nonsense bull**** such as "healthy" eating (which makes no sense because most people here have no idea what healthy is), complicated diets, etc. This forum fosters bad eating behaviours. Fine, some people can't practice moderation but most people can. Not everyone here is damaged goods. It's just not likely from a statistical standpoint. If you go to a psychologist, they will say everything I am saying but in a much nicer way.

So, sure, I'm a dash harsh but that's only because MFP is a frustrating place. If I offended anyone then I'm sorry. I know the experience is tough. I've been there, too.
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    I want to clarify that I was not sick due to the amount that I ate- but the rich, calorie dense foods that I was eating.

And I don't think that your post was offensive. Cheating or off days happen. That's life. As long as it's not every day, get over it. Days like yesterday make me realize how much better it feels to eat healthy.
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Im actually so ashamed with the way ive eaten the last two days.... and I think the reason I went so off-the-wall was down to the fact that I completely avoided all types of chocolate/biscuits/sweets, any kind of 'bad' food to the point where I wanted to eat all of these things in the one day (and I pretty much did)....and you know what, it was ridiculous and pathetic and I wasnt even eating to enjoy the food, I was eating just to eat! The scary thing was I felt like I couldnt stop myself, and its made me realise how easily I could fall back into my old ways...and I reckon if I did, it would be x10 times worse than before :O

New Start Tomorrow.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Have a look at my diary for this weekend.... then come back and tell me that yours is worse...dare ya :P
    took the words right out of my mouth.. hahahahaha
    life is too short to feel ashamed or bad about food ..you didn't commit a crime or some horrible sin... well unless you shoplifted it lol... just move forward.
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I had a bad time this week, but you can't let it keep you from your goal. If u need motivation, feel free to add me :smile:
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was pretty bad, too. I was supposed to make cookies for our Easter gathering and made myself some "healthier option" cookies, too, so I wouldn't end up eating the full sugar ones... didn't work. I ate too many of ALL of them and now I've been having mad sugar cravings alllll day. No more cookie binging!
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted today. I figure one day is not going to kill me....so enjoy it. After 6 weeks of Lent, I deserved it!!! So, I had an over day...600 calories almost 1.5 times my daily allowance...and I am just going to get over it and get back in the driver's seat tomorrow. Easter only comes once a year. I didn't get fat overeating one day a year and it isn't going to make me put the 27.5 pounds I have lost back on. So, I will enjoy what I ate today and watch it tomorrow as if today never happened.
    I agree
  • prowe80
    prowe80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did it too!!! and it carried on today . Enough is enough!!!!!! :sad: :devil: :frown: :embarassed:
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    None of us got fat because we ate badly for a day. Remember that! Today is only today. This coming week is a whole week! :D

This.