Working towards gastric banding

Options
Hi everyone! Has anyone on here had gastric banding performed or is getting prepared for it? I am working towards it and have to complete 6 months of "training" with nutrition & exercise. The nutritionist gave me this website so I am trying it out & keeping the food and exercise journal.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • rpowersrph
    rpowersrph Posts: 70
    Options
    gave it some thought then tried life style changes with support from a local hospital and loging my food intake and exercise was the turning point in my life and weight loss journey

Gods Blessings to you
  • CristinaAnn
    Options
    I am sincerely hoping I can change my ways during this 6 month training period & not have the surgery. Spending the time and money to get into a routine will hopefully help me achieve my goals without having it. Thank You!
  • jngibson
    jngibson Posts: 11
    Options
    You can do it :smile:
  • avpeacock
    avpeacock Posts: 7
    Options
    Greetings! I have been banded for about 16 months. I was not happy with it. :grumble: It is very restrictive. They only want you to eat 1000 cal a day. That's a cup of food three times a day.

I didn't realize it would be so limited. I tried for the first 6 months to loose weight, but got tired of just eating shakes. If you eat certain things, they will not go through the band and you through up wheither you want to or not. I would be sitting at the table, and food would just come back up like a baby throwing up formula. :sick:

May people have had great success with the band, but don't fool yourself. You will definately have to eat less for it to work. I love food too much.
    I'm flustrated because I can't eat salads any more. I take 2 bites and that is all I can eat. So, I leave the table unsatisfied and hungry.
    I've been told it is all in my head. Who knows?:sad:
    Now sweets are a different. Anything mushy goes down just fine. That's what has kept me from loosing weight. I'm trying to be healther and be aware of how many calories are in food. It is a struggle regardless.
    Any way you asked.:huh: