Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is 1 Kilo 2.2lbs a week a realistic goal?

Hi - I have just started using MFP and also just started trying to lose weight and improve my health. Is there anyone who was/is about the same weight and height as me and can tell me if a goal of 1Kg (2lb) a week is realistic? I know it will become harder the smaller I get but do you think the first 1-2 months it would be a fair guess? Also how many cals did you eat a days?

Height - 164cm - 5'5
CW - 85kg - 185.2lb
Age 34
Female

Thanks

Em

Replies

• junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    I am near the same height as you, I was advised 2lbs a week is a good goal for as the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off, I am also new to this, and looking to add friends so i can share progress, please feel free to add me,
    I am from Scotland and doing this alone, it can be quite hard, but will get there in the long run, xx
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    yip its a realistic goal
  • you should aim to lose 1 - 2 pounds a week. thats the healthy way so i think you got the right idea!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    1200 cal. a day is the lowest a female can go, and still expect to lose weight. Also, I believe it is possible, and that you can healthy.

citing

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/calorie-intake-to-lose-weight.php
  • OzEmma
    OzEmma Posts: 12
    Great thanks for all the advice!

Em
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Best of luck,
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    It is possible...I was losing about 1kilo a week for a while. It's tough tough, you have to be strict with what you eat and maintain 1000cal/day deficit. Just don't go under 1200 in trying to do it. Good luck!