Question about heart rate monitor, (reebok precision xt)

nicki17
nicki17 Posts: 41 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
We just bought a Reebok precision xt heart rate monitor. We want to get an accurate reading on how many calories I am actually burning during my workouts. Also, I may be in between sedentary and lightly active so I want to see how many calories I burn on a typical work day from the time I get up until I go to bed so I know exactly how many calories I need and am burning. Does anyone know how I can do it with this model. The directions are a little confusing. Also, will the watch alone tell me this or do I have to have the chest strap on to transmit the info. We are hoping to get the most accurate count we can because I don't want to be undereating because of underestimating calories I burn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    I agree, I was confused at first with the directions. Read over them a few times and just play around with the watch and you'll start to understand it.

You HAVE to wear the chest strap with the watch. If you only wear the watch it'll just give you a random average reading (which will be off and basically no different from what MFP gives you)...the chest strap takes your HR and sends it to the watch...and since you have your profile set up, it'll give you the right number of cals you burn for each workout.

Um, I guess you can use the "chrono" mode and just start it as soon as you get up and end it when you go to bed? Every day will be different tho...but I guess since it's just an "experiment" and bc you're curious, go ahead, what's it gonna hurt? Just don't enter it into your exercise...only enter stuff in there when you're working out.
This discussion has been closed.