Two NSV's in one day.

Options
Today, we are at our friend's home which is in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Yesterday, our friend's husband and their boys took our 5 year old to see the magic tree (this really cool tree that has grown in multiple parts). Our daughter wanted to go back to the magic tree today to show us. It involved going down the mountain about 500 yards at a fairly steep angle. NSV: We did it! 5 months ago we would not have been able to trek back up the mountain. Because of this, we would have missed going with her to the magic tree. Not today: We did this with our daughter!!!! We did not let our bodies stop us! This is why we are doing this, and in the process, my wife and I have lost over 110 pounds combined in a little over 5 months.

The other NSV: Our friends also have a fort that you need to climb up into. Today, I climbed into the fort and shared time with our daughter in there. What a wonderful memory. Again, 5 months ago, I would not have been able to hoist my butt into the fort. I got to share a wonderful time with my baby girl that I wouldn't be able to without MFP, and the two of us doing it together. Alone I could not have done this. With my wife, WE can do it!!!

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That was lovely to read.

Keep up the great work and your daughter will be so proud of you both.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Those are both great NSV's!
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. Made me tear up a bit actually, just thinking about how you'll have so many moments to experience that would otherwise be missed without a healthy lifestyle. Is stuff like this that makes being healthy such a big deal, not just the vanity of looking good and feeling good. Not only do you get those benefits, but you get to be a better, closer parent at the same time.

Kudos to you and your wife. It's even cooler that you are doing it as a team. Not only will your daughter see that you two are healthy role models, but it also shows her a positive, supportive relationship. Great NSV.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Today, we are at our friend's home which is in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Yesterday, our friend's husband and their boys took our 5 year old to see the magic tree (this really cool tree that has grown in multiple parts). Our daughter wanted to go back to the magic tree today to show us. It involved going down the mountain about 500 yards at a fairly steep angle. NSV: We did it! 5 months ago we would not have been able to trek back up the mountain. Because of this, we would have missed going with her to the magic tree. Not today: We did this with our daughter!!!! We did not let our bodies stop us! This is why we are doing this, and in the process, my wife and I have lost over 110 pounds combined in a little over 5 months.

The other NSV: Our friends also have a fort that you need to climb up into. Today, I climbed into the fort and shared time with our daughter in there. What a wonderful memory. Again, 5 months ago, I would not have been able to hoist my butt into the fort. I got to share a wonderful time with my baby girl that I wouldn't be able to without MFP, and the two of us doing it together. Alone I could not have done this. With my wife, WE can do it!!!

This^^^^^^^^^IS WHY I AM HERE. Congrats. your living life again.
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That brought tears to my eyes. What wonderful NSVs!
  • sailorgrad
    Options
    That brought tears to my eyes. What wonderful NSVs!

You know, reading this over, and the wonderfully supportive responses brings tears to my eyes. Writing it was much more a sense of Victory!!!!! Thank you all for your support, and I look forward to continuing to seek inspiration from all of My Fitness Pals!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!