Still can't believe it!

Options
SillySkittles
SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
Helloooo...!!!! I'm posting two pounds earlier than I promised myself I had to have before I could post in here, but I'm going to post here anyway!!!!

The only thing that I'm having a hard time with is that I REALLY can't believe the ticker! I can't believe any of it! I get on and off the scale about 4 times and even after seeing the same numbers, I still can't believe it!!!!

I can't believe I'm ACTUALLY losing weight. After starting and giving up SO many times and trying really stupid fads and easy way outs...I'm actually DOING IT!!! The numbers keep going down and I'm trying to pinch myself because I don't feel any different. Well, I mean, I don't feel any lighter or really feel like I've LOST 8 pounds but I DO feel different! Even though nobody's said that I look any different, they've noticed a change in my attitude (about exercise and dieting and eating well and my attitude and outlook on just life in general). I'm wondering what I used to be like before, but people keep telling me that I seem to be in a better mood lately, I seem more relaxed and more laid-back! Health-wise, I've noticed that I'm sleeping better, getting up early and having the actual ENERGY to haul myself out of bed...I don't have to stop in the middle of a meal and rush to the bathroom (sorry if that's TMI...*LOL*) I don't have crazy tummy aches after I eat, I don't feel like I want greasy good to make me feel better...I work out instead of raid the fridge when I'm bored...I feel GOOD.

Have you ever had those dreams that feel SO real? I dreamt once that I was given the ENTIRE Barbie collection of every single Barbie ever made (I didn't say dreams were all that realistic...I haven't wanted a barbie since I was like, 8) but the dream felt SO real that when I woke up, I was actually looking for the Barbies!!! I feel like I'm totally rambling but I still feel like one day I'm going to wake up and find out I was just DREAMING about losing weight and really I'm still at 174.8.

I think half the reason I feel this way is that after the first couple of days feeling like it was HARD, eating right, choosing healthier foods and getting my butt to the gym, or out for a walk or jog, or turning on the Wii Active is EASY. Doing these things is EASY. It doesn't ask too much of and it doesn't take much. I don't have to do anything EXTRA or do anything crazy. And that's probably what's weirding me out even more...that it's easy for me to choose not to get a donut or a cupcake and instead think if I REALLY need it or if it's really worth it and then decide that I DON"T need it and that it's NOT worth it.

Anywho...I've been going on and on....this is the first time I've really lost any weight of any kind since I've put it all on and I'm just over the moon!!! I KNOW MFP has been a REALLY BIG part of how I can keep doing this and I just wanted to say THANKS to the people who started it and THANKS to the people who have given words of encouragement, commiseration, advice and inspiration with your own success stories! Without sounding even MORE like a long, irritating Academy Awards thank you speech...YAY US!

Replies

• chellebelle315
    Options
    Congratulations!!! It feels so good to finally see the weight coming off, and to start feeling healthy! Keep it up and have fun watching that scale go down!:flowerforyou:
  • jngibson
    jngibson Posts: 11
    Options
    That's awesome! It's such a good feeling to know its actually happening!

Good Luck with everything!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Looks like we started at about the same weight and have lost the same amount of weight and I ditto EVERYTHING you said. Tried so many fad diets and nothing and here I am doing it the right way, eating in moderation, keeping track is really helping and I am thankful for this free website. It is really helping me keep on track and now I look forward to working out and eating and losing weight in the process. Very proud of myself!

YOU GO GIRL!
  • jetfryz
    jetfryz Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome! :glasses:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congratulations! keep up the good work and choices
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Yay us! :bigsmile:
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Way to go! I feel the same way I stepped on the scale and finally am out of the 250!! I've been stuggleing to get out the 250 for months then I joined this site and wham it works! Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading your post and your blog cracks me up!!
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far with more to come. Such success just makes you want to keep going and I think posting these success stories helps keep everyone motivated, especially when someone has hit a plateau they can be reassured in time it will pass and they will have their own success stories to post.

I was at the gym today almost half wondering who the guy was looking back at me from the mirror while I was working out. :bigsmile:
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I have been here since the inauguration, late January and I can tell you, this has been a Godsend. I have tried many fads and programs. This by far is the most effective way for consistent weight loss. Congrats on your success.
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Success is so sweet.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Way to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!