HRM please give me advice on a good one

Options
2»

Replies

• MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my polar ft40!

It keeps track of my daily workouts (hours) & calories burned. It also stores them by the week so I can monitor my progress ---it's great seeing where my heart rate is during a workout...ie fat burn vs exercise mode << let's me know when I need to step my game up!
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you've got an iPhone 4S, I highly recommend Wahoo's "Blue HR". It's a chest strap that sends to your iPhone and integrates nicely with other iPhone apps such as RunKeeper! The previous model used a little dongle that you had to plug into the iPhone's dock connector but this new model is Bluetooth Smart Ready (i.e., low power) and works with the iPhone 4S and is awesome -- I love it!
  • hellamoet
    Options
    now for a little dissent in the ranks... I'm using the Scosche MyTrek Bluetooth HRM synced to my iphone, using the $3 Digifit app to track heart rate, calories burned, etc. I love having quantifiable results in front of my face in the gym, and the app will provide audible feedback regarding your heart rate through your music/podcasts etc if you are running or cycling. Downside: not waterproof for swimming, a bit more expensive: about $115 CAD. The Digifit app is customisable for heart rate zones, custom workouts etc, and also keeps track of all your workouts, providing graphs and charts, perfect for us info geeks out there.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4!!!! I just got mine last week and LOVE it. SO easy to use and the chest strap is comfortable.
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    love my pft7
  • Smudjie
    Smudjie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 Rocks got it a week and a half a go :) easy to use and so comfy !
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 and only wear it when working out!
  • nhgirl30
    nhgirl30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Polar brand is good.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've had my Polar FT7 for 6 or 7 months & love it!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 here and I love it. I got it to wear during water aerobics. Then started zumba, aqua zumba and going to the gym. If something ever happened to it, I would not hesitate to replace it with the same model.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 here! I absolutely LOVE mine!
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    I have a polar FT4. I really like it only one complaint is one day durning my exercise it said it lost my heart rate. So I was unsure of my calories burned. Other than that one day it has worked great.
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well!!!! thanks PFT4 or 7 it is! and I can wear it swimming!! awesome!! that is even better since the fitbit can not be worn while swimming and I always had to estimate how I was doing and I KNOW i work out harder when swimming!!

Thanks so much!!!!
  • karenx30
    karenx30 Posts: 90
    Options
    Looking for one myself. I looked at Polarusa.com and they give a "Product Finder" to help you make decisions on what's best for you. I was looking on amazon.com and their prices are pretty good, but thanks for the tip on bodytronics. I'll check them out too!