Baseball Stadium

Options

Replies

• Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Anyone been to the Phillies stadium?

I was at 2 games at Citizens Bank Park last spring. I hit a Flyers playoff game on the Saturday afternoon, sandwiched in between 2 Phillies games on Friday and Sunday. Best weekend ever !!! Gorgeous ball park , probably not as much history as Fenway or Wrigley though, but I'm a huge Phillies fan so I'm a bit biased. All these "baseball only" parks are so nice, comapred to the Rogers Center (formerly the Skydome) here in Toronto that is just one huge ugly mass of concrete with absolutely NO character or ambience. I've been to Comerica Park in Detroit for a few games too, it's pretty nice...and actually attended a Tigers fantasy camp there a couple of summers ago. Couldn't believe how smooth the field was !
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Any chance I could buy tickets to a Red Sox game?
    If you win the Lottery!! LOL! they are outrageous!

I live in New Hampshire and the last time I went to Fenway was in '04. One ticket cost me 78 bucks then, plus parking $30. Couple dogs, beverages and souvenirs and the cost for two people was pushing $300. I can't imagine what it would cost now. Still if you've never been to one of the old parks like Fenway or Wrigley, you should go at least once.

These days I much prefer going to the triple or double A parks in places like Manchester, NH or Durham NC. In those places you can see the young guys play some good hard ball and the tickets are anywhere from 12 to 20 bucks... max.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Wow. I have a friend who did a Mets fantasy camp this year. Plan to checkout the Phillies stadium in May!!
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Minute Maid in Houston!
  • rew1469
    rew1469 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Safeco in Seattle!
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Texas Stadium-- Go Rangers:smile:
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The old Yankee Stadium. New one is nice, but it's not the house that Ruth built. Haven't been to Fenway in a very long time. I'd like to get to Camden Yards this year, I have friends and co-workers that have gone and say it's very fan and family friendly. Was also hoping to get out to Kauffman Stadium this year to see the Yankees play the Royals in May, but that fell through.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm an Orioles fan, so the urge to say "Camden Yards" is high, but I think Wrigley and/or Fenway take the honours. Both are should be made American National Treasures and watching a ball game there is a real treat and consumate americana..far more enjoyable than watching baseball in a McStadium.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I gotta give love to Comerica Park. :bigsmile:
  • dpvike80
    dpvike80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Been to Camden Yards, Nationals, Fenway, Philly, Cincinnati, and Cleveland. Camden yards gets my vote as the best experience mainly because it is very family friendly.
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow. I have a friend who did a Mets fantasy camp this year. Plan to checkout the Phillies stadium in May!!

Good luck getting tickets Top, they're sold out all year. You'll likely have to get some from scalpers.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Any chance I could buy tickets to a Red Sox game?

We stomped the sox this weekend! Welcome to Comerica Park!:bigsmile:
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Next time you come to Baltimore I will treat you to a game.

Wooo hoo!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I gotta give love to Comerica Park. :bigsmile:

^^^this^^^
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    All these "baseball only" parks are so nice, comapred to the Rogers Center (formerly the Skydome) here in Toronto that is just one huge ugly mass of concrete with absolutely NO character or ambience.

I think Rogers Centre looks pretty cool. It has a hotel in the stadium. But when you got to a stadiums with a roof, it can feel like watching baseball in an airplane hangar.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've been to 13 parks so far and I likde Miller Park the best.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

I was at 2 games at Citizens Bank Park last spring. I hit a Flyers playoff game on the Saturday afternoon, sandwiched in between 2 Phillies games on Friday and Sunday. Best weekend ever !!! Gorgeous ball park , probably not as much history as Fenway or Wrigley though, but I'm a huge Phillies fan so I'm a bit biased. All these "baseball only" parks are so nice, comapred to the Rogers Center (formerly the Skydome) here in Toronto that is just one huge ugly mass of concrete with absolutely NO character or ambience. I've been to Comerica Park in Detroit for a few games too, it's pretty nice...and actually attended a Tigers fantasy camp there a couple of summers ago. Couldn't believe how smooth the field was !

Agree..the Rogers Center is pretty drab and soul-less..which is odd as Toronto is a teriffic and very eclectic city. But you know hockey is the be-all and end -all in Canada. Those guys treat baseball as a bigger joke than americans treat hockey as a joke sport.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Best view in baseball is Salt Lake City's Spring Mobile Ballpark, home of the Salt Lake Bees, AAA affiliate of the Angels. A stunning view of the majestic Wasatch mountains.

314_1617b2f3ef00c4a40106f4a7cd936a7b252c809d.jpg

314_59a7f9b392974afd36feb46656567cdd4e080d9e.jpg

314_4873b1f148dae3096cdca3ed04bfe45657ac8bc2.jpg
  • HungerGamesWinner
    Options
    Camden Yards is the best, but the 2 staduims in Texas are cool and Fenway is very nice.
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Fenway is the most amazing experience. I can't even put into words the whole experience from the old seats to the green monstah! My husband is from Cape Cod, so we got to go to a few games when we lived there. He won tickets at work for a Red Sox/Yankees game. That was off the charts! There is no other rivalry in baseball better than that. We live in Houston now, my hometown, and minute maid is good, but doesn't compare to fenway. :smile: