Finished week 1, feeling really sick.

Options
Hi, I am wondering if you can help me?
In the past few days I have been feeling really sick in the stomach. I have been having pretty nasty diahorrea and it is hard to even exercise because I feel so weak.
I drink 2L of water a day but lately I havent reached my calorie goal.. which is 1400cal a day. My BMR is about 1900. I am new to this and wondering if this is unhealthy? I have lost around 2.7kg in the first week, mostly water weight.

I used to eat junk food daily and not get enough nutrition! Now I am eating the right foods I am sick, weak and always on the toilet. Is this normal? Because it doesnt feel like it :(

Replies

• Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    No mam' diahorrea is not normal. Please go to the dr.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I think I will! I am not sure if I am doing the right thing :( Or if I have an intolerance.. i'll try to eat more today and see if it helps.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    If your goal is 1400 and your BMR is 1900, no that is not healthy. You should try to NET at your BMR every day. This includes eating your exercise calories back! You may be feeling so weak because you're eating so little. But if it continues to be an issue, go see a doctor just to be safe.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is getting used to the changes.. I'm not sure. Seeing a doctor if it keeps up would definitely be your best bet.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    changing ones diet drastically can cause you to get diarrhea for a few days. this has happened to me. but if you still have it by the middle to the end of this week i would consult a dr.
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    I would recommend that you see your doctor. It's true that changing your entire eating regimen make cause changes in your bowel movements, but not so drastic. Maybe you ate something that upset your stomach and your body is trying to fight it. Whatever the problem may be, you should definitively go see a physician!
  • joders1313
    Options
    definitely go see a dr, but your body may just be adjusting to the extra fiber you've added to your diet.....as an example my stepson who only eats junk at his mom's (lots of processed stuff, no fruit/veg) tried to impress me the other day by eating lots of fruits and veggies so I would agree to give him a little bit of chocolate for desert and he felt sick too and had to run to the bathroom.....
  • joders1313
    Options
    A detox might be an idea to try out as well.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I have a sensitive digestive system, so even small changes can be hard for me to adjust too. It seems like you are eating a lot of carbs/fat compared to protein. I tend to have the same problems you are experiencing when I eat a lot of carbs and fat without sufficient protein. I have no scientific explanation - it is just my experience. Perhaps try increasing fiber/protein by adding veggies and whole grains and meat/alt protein.
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    If your goal is 1400 and your BMR is 1900, no that is not healthy. You should try to NET at your BMR every day. This includes eating your exercise calories back! You may be feeling so weak because you're eating so little. But if it continues to be an issue, go see a doctor just to be safe.

I think you are right. I will have to up my calorie goal.. I dont eat back my exercise calories either!
    I am very new to all this.. I am also vegetarian and its hard to eat healthy when all I can eat is veggies lol.
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    your definately not eating enough for the excercise your doing.. i saw one day you didnt even eat 1000 calories!! your not gunna see the results you want until you eat the calories youre supposed to for one, for two sometimes the foods do upset your belly.. like fiber etc/. if your used to eating greasy junk and now your eating healthy it can def. be a natural cleansing
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    your definately not eating enough for the excercise your doing.. i saw one day you didnt even eat 1000 calories!! your not gunna see the results you want until you eat the calories youre supposed to for one, for two sometimes the foods do upset your belly.. like fiber etc/. if your used to eating greasy junk and now your eating healthy it can def. be a natural cleansing

I know I feel so bad! Its because I've been so sick lately I havent watned to eat. I will try to up my goal thank you for the advice.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    As a veggie, try and include nuts and seeds in your diet, peanut butter and eggs, if you are not vegan. Cottage cheese is good too, and sweet potatoes taste great with cottage cheese on top. Brown rice, is fine as well, as you dont seem to be on a low carb diet. Beans are another good source of protein. There are lots of healthy and nutritious ways to reach your calorie goal if you work at it, and do a little research. Avocado is another good thing for protein and healthy fats. As others have said, try eating more, don't overdo the fruit and veg to begin, build them up slowly. And ensure you have some brown rice, or potato and find a balance as too much fruit and veg with not enough of other things will cause the runs.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

I think you are right. I will have to up my calorie goal.. I dont eat back my exercise calories either!
    I am very new to all this.. I am also vegetarian and its hard to eat healthy when all I can eat is veggies lol.

Welcome to MFP! I am vegetarian too. It gets easier. Feel free to friend me if you want to look at my diary for ideas!

And here is a post explaining why eating exercise calories is important: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/539912-why-eating-exercise-calories-is-so-important
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    I have been eating eggs daily. I eat salad veggies daily.
    I eat wholemeal bread daily. I eat brown rice daily. I eat yogurt daily.
    I'll try some beans for dinner, I also eat almonds once in a while.

What about sweet potato fries?
  • CassieReannan
    Options

Welcome to MFP! I am vegetarian too. It gets easier. Feel free to friend me if you want to look at my diary for ideas!

And here is a post explaining why eating exercise calories is important: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/539912-why-eating-exercise-calories-is-so-important

Omg thank you sooo much.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    BANANAS!!!!! APPLES!!!!

ABC diet for diarrhea... Apples Bananas and Cereal (white carbs, not whole grain -- low fiber)

The pectins in the fruit will firm up your stools...

AVOID: pears, prunes, berries, or anything else you would eat when constipated.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Heavy exercise has sometimes given me the runs too, I remember from the past, so that is another possibility. Short of you having a tummy bug or having eaten something dodgy or having a food intolerance, I think it is most likely just the sudden change in lifestyle, maybe should have eased into it more gently. If you don't feel better in a day or two, see the doctor just to be on the safe side, and if the runs are really bad, make sure to get some electrolyte replacements from the pharmacy.
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    Heavy exercise has sometimes given me the runs too, I remember from the past, so that is another possibility. Short of you having a tummy bug or having eaten something dodgy or having a food intolerance, I think it is most likely just the sudden change in lifestyle, maybe should have eased into it more gently. If you don't feel better in a day or two, see the doctor just to be on the safe side, and if the runs are really bad, make sure to get some electrolyte replacements from the pharmacy.

Thank you, I think I know what I have done wrong.
    Firstly I have gone to quickly into my diet and secondly I am dieting the wrong way.
    Tomorrow is a new day, I will start asap. I have changed my calorie goal to 1500 a day and plan to walk a hour 5 days a week and eat back my calories.