What to eat late when you have cals left

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
Today was my long run day (did 6 miles) and then went for a walk with my daughter (4.1 miles). As a result, I have just over 1000 calories left today. I've already had a huge protein smoothie, too, after my walk.

It's 9:00pm and the last thing I want is a huge meal, so I'm looking for suggestions. What would you eat this late in the day wit this many cals left?

Replies

• jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My stand by is a small bowl of honey nut cheerios and milk or a yogurt depending how hungry I am and how many calories I have left.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    A couple big spoonfulls of peanut butter, maybe an avocado. A bunch of almonds with chocolate chips! All calorie-dense and great for you :)
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Low volume with high calories
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    A couple big spoonfulls of peanut butter, maybe an avocado. A bunch of almonds with chocolate chips! All calorie-dense and great for you :)

Almonds & Ghirardelli morsels - YUM! :)
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Definitely PB or a banana or two! Or both!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    In the same boat today. 600 cals left, and not sure what to eat. Hate PB, so that's not an option. Maybe another protein shake, although I'm over on protein.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    A pint of ice cream
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I would suggest yoghurt with trail mix mixed in, or just trail mix...relatively healthy, lots of protein, and packs about 500 cals/100g
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    A pint of ice cream

^ This

If you still need more protein, maybe something like a protein shake with a banana and pb and ice cream in it
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    What I call my healthy calories bomb :
    - oatmeal
    - yogurt 20%
    - lotsa honey
    - lotsa nuts
    - ground almonds
    - strawberry coulis
    - dried raisins
    - milk
    - sometimes cocoa powder

I put that in the microwave to higher even more the GI, BAM while it's hot
  • JS268
    JS268 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If you don't just want to fill your extra calories with junk food, here are a few of my high calorie night-time snacks :)

- Peanut Butter on Crackers
    - A mug of Horlicks
    - Nuts ( Especially Cashews)
    -Granola Bars/ Granola Cereals
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Depends. If I have quite a bit of protein to go, I'll have a bunch of cheese, more whey shakes, milk, and yogurt. After I've hit my protein, I'd be looking to fill the rest with what I'm craving, which is usually popcorn, a bunch of chocolate (probably 2-4 mini ones), and cucumber (sometimes I eat an entire cucumber in one sitting).
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    I eat peanut butter or an apple.:wink:
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    or have a protein shake =)
  • transfixedtoast
    transfixedtoast Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    a late night hot milk and honey.
    Comforting things like that.
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Blueberry bagel with some cream cheese c:
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My fav late night snack is a piece of whole grain toast with PB and a bit of honey :)
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have done Microwave Popcorn,if I feell like I need something crunchy and salty,
    if I'm feeling like I need Chocolate, I do a Low Fat Fudgesicle,
    I have also allowed myself a glass of wine. and some cucumber slices with feta.
  • Josette152
    Josette152 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I had a 1000 calories left and it was late in the day, I would eat baked chicken or fish, 2 cups of vegetables or a salad, and some fruit. I guess I would probably just eat half of the calories and just focus on eating a more balanced meal the next day.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    a plate of goodies like sliced smoked salmon, berries, sliced apple and almond butter or

sliced cucumbers, carrots, hummus and chicken breast

it's also nice to have fish taco stuff in the fridge that i can eat with tortilla chips