Do I need to eat back the calories i've burned?

I've heard some people say yes and some say no. However, my problem is that I work out at night at 7-8pm. I brisk walk and jog every evening because its the ONLY time I have to exercise. This is also too late in the evening to eat so, will I be ok if I don't eat them?

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    I'm often finishing up at like 11 PM. What I do is to plan ahead and enter the info ahead of time, and then eat. Still, days like today happen, (I'm under by a lot) so I just do what I can.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Calories are a rolling total. You'll generally want to meet your caloric goal on average. Being under your caloric goal consistently isn't a good thing.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Eat them the next day
  • I'm not under, I eat my 1400 but I work out after dinner and not hungry for the rest of the evening. I've never starved nor have I ever been hungry though out this whole thing.

I also have GERD, should have mentioned that. Eating after 7pm will kill me with stomach acid in the middle of the night
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    You don't have to eat them immediately after the exercise, or even on the same day. You can pre-eat, or eat them in the morning.