Greek yogurt/salmon/spinach sandwich

Options
So I tried eating a pink salmon (canned) and greek yogurt sandwich w/ spinach tonight and would like to eat it for 2 lunches this week BUT I had a really hard time choking it down. Any suggestions of spices to add to make it more edible? Thanks!

Replies

• ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I assume you're going for a healthier tuna salad sandwich type thing...

on that assumption...

Use 1/2 greek yogurt and 1/2 (approx) reduced fat mayo. That little bit of fat will go a long way for flavor and taste. Don't "choke down" your food, you don't get a lot of calories. Enjoy the ones you consume.

Add dill weed, salt, freshly ground pepper, and smoked paprika. A dash or two of your favorite hot sauce. Not enough to make it spicy, but it will provide an additional depth of flavor.

I also add finely minced green onion, celery and grated carrots. (It's muir poix -- totally can't spell that it's french for onion, celery carrot, it's the trinity base to so many things). If you've got them around, i'll also dice in some red/orange/yellow bell pepper, pickles and green olives (just a few).

Message me if you need additional help :-) I'm quite the kitchen experimenter and spice afficianado (foodie as it were)

(sorry, i'm a terrible speller)