Stomach Vacuums

Options
Anyone have success with them? And if so, what was your regimen like?

Replies

• myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    What is a stomach vacuum? You cant imagine what pictures I have in my mind right now...lol
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Well now that I read up on that I will have to see what others say for this too Bump ;)
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Yes I did it for a couple of months
    3 minutes, 3 times per week only - worked like a charm to reinforce the abs - especially the internal oblics.

In fact, it's something that have much benefits : learn to breath during a contraction, and learn to contract all your abs properly - not to mention to carry on the belly we have when we are bloated - def -helped me
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I went through a little phase where I would do them here and there throughout the week - after strength training workouts, and just misc times of day (like while riding the motorcycle or driving or sitting at work). There may have been a waistline shrinking effect, but I was also pretty hardcore with my dieting at the time, so it's hard to point to that as a cause.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Is that like getting your stomach pumped? I had to have that done when I ate six boxes of Tic Tacs.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I tried once bloated ahah - the perfect moment is after a workout - before eating. When your plasma is loaded (the "pump" phase)- we tend not to breath correctly, making the belly "big" - but with a proper mastering of your breathing techniques - you'll no longer have the feeling of being pregnant after every breath