Vitamix?

Options
I'm considering purchasing a Vitamix. Does anyone have advice for me? I'm looking at the Professional Series 500 or the 5200 Deluxe. Thanks for any guidance!

Replies

• jenbunboo
    jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the Professional Series 500. I LOVE it. I make creamed soups all the time, it's great, a handful of steamed veggies, some broth, spices, and you're good to go! I add in some cashews for protein sometimes. Most days I use mine twice, once to make a smoothie (smoothest I've ever made) and once to make soups or sauces with dinner, sometimes both. The sauces, soups, everything, are as smooth as you could want, they're feel professionally made.

That said.

If you're going to be putting yourself out, or eating less healthy food to afford one, a cheap blender will suffice for the meantime. Smoothies are still smoothies, even if they don't have the texture of a fancy milkshake, and a regular blender will still do soups and sauces. I waited 9 years before I finally got my Vita-mix as a present.
  • meredithgh
    meredithgh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much for your thoughts!
  • lafeye
    lafeye Posts: 12
    Options
    I have had a VM for over a year and we use it EVERYDAY. We can tell a difference from a blender and a VM. They can blend anything we really enjoy having it. The company has been great, too. Bought ours at Costco b/c they have the best price and warranty.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love my Vitamix. I have the TNC (5200 series). Its fantastic. You can make anything and everything in it. I have a green smoothie everyday for my breakfast, I make soups and ice creams, sorbets, grind meat and everything!

And the brilliant thing is you can put anything in it so you can really watch what you eat!

Debbie
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Take a hard look at the BlendTec as well. Every bit the quality and power of VitaMix, but a bit less expensive. Also has the benefit of digital control with preset programs for soups, dips, smoothies, etc. Is also a little bit shorter so it will fit on your counter under your upper cabinets with the pitcher on. I researched both and went with the BlendTec and I'm happy with it. You can also get it at Costco if you can catch it when the road show is coming through.
    They have a really entertaining website for demonstrating its power and durability where they blend everything from iPhones to golfballs. www.willitblend.com