Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easter Dinner NSV

My roommates and I decided to go out to dinner for Easter. We chose an Italian restaurant in town, and immediately I was nervous. Italian food is one of my biggest triggers for binge/over eating, and this place was notorious for ridiculously large portions.

So before we went, I made my two roommates come on a walk with me to burn some extra calories to make room for the meal.

When we got there, I made myself drink an entire glass of water before I ate anything.

We split an appetizer of Bruschetta, and I only took one piece, even though there was more than enough for us.

I ordered the side salad instead of soup, and got dressing on the side, to which I dipped my fork into before spearing the lettuce.

I had my roommates move the complimentary bread to the other side of the table so I couldn't easily reach it, and made myself wait until the meal arrived before I could have one (and I meant one) slice of bread.

When my Chicken Parmesan arrived, the plate was ginormous. If I wasn't careful, I would have eaten everything on the plate. Instead, I took my knife and cut right down the middle and told my roommates that that was the line. I couldn't eat past there, and they were to hold me to it. I only ate to the line.

We ordered dessert, and I did indulge a bit with that (Lemon panna cotta with oranges), but I had already assumed I would be getting dessert, with it being Easter.

Long story short, I did it. I survived a super tempting meal and still have calories left over tonight for a snack. And the best part is, it's 9:30 and I am still stuffed. I'm not even thinking about eating again.

I still can't believe I did it.

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    WOO HOO! Wonderful NSV :smile: .
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Good choices, good for you!
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Yay! You must be feeling really good about now! Way to go.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Awesome job!! You set limits for yourself and you stuck to them. You enjoyed a good meal with friends but didn't starve or sacrifice. Really nice. :drinker:
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    That's awesome! Great willpower and u also enjoyed yourself!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!