whats a good recipe without making u pay alot of money?!

Options
Here's a list of stuff i like:
turkey, chicken, tuna, mozz. cheese, pickles, hot dogs, burgers, pizza, chocolate, ice cream, fruit.,chips and salsa, and sunchips!

heres a list of stuff i hate:
pasta, tuna salad, all veggies cept cauliflower, carrots, and celery. please help me! i dont want to spend a WHOLEE lot of money to make a meal! and hopefully i can make meals in bulk?!!

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    These lists should be the other way round!! You should hate all the bad processed things and LOVE veg and pasta and tuna... Yum Yum Yum!

Think clean eating!!
  • OscarGirl
    OscarGirl Posts: 9
    Options
    Try Kraftfoods.com. It has great recipes online. It will say to purchase the Kraft brand of whatever is in the recipe but instead, you can get the store brand or whatever is cheaper. I love the recipes becuase it tells you how many calories per serving and they have budget saving recipes and tips on how to save calories. For example, tonight I am cooking a Layered Enchilada Bake. It has 470 calories and makes 8 servings. That way, I can freeze the rest and have meals for the next few weeks. Good Luck!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree, pizza, burgers, hot dogs, chocolate, ice cream? Yikes, not a great place to begin weight loss. I mean, some are ok as an occasional treat, but wow.

I see no leafy green veggies in there, and you NEED those, they have tons of vitamins, and iron in them. Field greens, spring mix, spinach leaves...etc. very important.

I have no answers for you since this list is basically (minus the chicken, cheese, fruit, and tuna) an anti-good-for-you list of foods.

You gotta give us more to work with here. Nobody can live healthy on hot dogs, pizza, and burgers. It's gonna skyrocket your cholesterol and blood numbers. Not saying you can't have those things, they just can't be your staples and think you can stay healthy.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Here's a list of stuff i like:
    turkey, chicken, tuna, mozz. cheese, pickles, hot dogs, burgers, pizza, chocolate, ice cream, fruit.,chips and salsa, and sunchips!

heres a list of stuff i hate:
    pasta, tuna salad, all veggies cept cauliflower, carrots, and celery. please help me! i dont want to spend a WHOLEE lot of money to make a meal! and hopefully i can make meals in bulk?!!

try hungry-girl.com
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: fresh fruit & yogurt(you didn't say you disliked or liked)

Lunch: Turkey sandwich, no mayo

Dinner: chicken(lots of recipes out there), keep trying different vegetables there has to be at least one you like! Baked potatoe with salsa.

Snack: mozz cheese sticks,

I agree with the others that you need to cut down on the hot dogs, burgers, pizza, chocolate, ice cream, chips, except on occasion. Also try to get thin crust pizza with cheese only. Burgers go for the smaller burger, try eating the burger with no bun. Chocolate: try dark chocolate, sugar free chocolate pudding. Ice cream try skinny cow fudge bars.