Breakfast Cereal?

Options
2»

Replies

• vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    Also if you want to cut out calories I use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (40 calories a cup) instead of skim milk (90 calories a cup). Tastes creamy and delicious!!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for cereal...I'm a mini wheats girl, and nothing will change it...every morning this is what I eat, and I just account for it in my days calories..love em.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean cereal is awesome. 1 cup for 140 cals/ 10g fiber!! Or you can do 1/2 c. Kashi GoLean and 1/2 c. GoLean Crunch (a little sweeter if you are used to sweetened cereals). Also the Kashi Honey Sunshine is great, my girls love it. (100 cals for 3/4 c.) I also like Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola, a little higher in cals but I just use 1/4 c.

I don't like to eat cereal w/ milk, I always just add 1/4- 1/2 c. to my yogurt and berries to make it like a parfait. :bigsmile:

I try to stay away from cereals w/ high fructose corn syrup or a lot of sugar. I also will NOT eat Fiber One, All Bran, or any of those type of cereals. My body just does NOT like them. :blushing:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Also if you want to cut out calories I use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (40 calories a cup) instead of skim milk (90 calories a cup). Tastes creamy and delicious!!

ITA, Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze is yummy! I use it on my Special K Strawberry almost every day. It's also good cold with a pbj sandwich.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    If you like hot cereal, Coco Wheats are great! I am completely addicted. I think I've had them everyday for the past 2 wks.

Coco Wheats, Coco Wheats,
    can't be beat!
    It's the tasty hot cereal with the coco treat...
    To be big and strong,
    have lots of fun!
    Eat Coco Wheats,
    everyone!

Sorry... every time I see Coco Wheats I get that song stuck in my head. I thought you all might like to share in my misery :bigsmile:

But seriously... the stuff is delicious.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Strawberries - Raw, 3 small (1" dia) 7
    Blueberries - Raw, 25 berries 19
    Nature's Path - Maple Nut Oatmeal, 1 package 210
    Kellogs - All Bran Cereal, 1/4 cup (31g) 40

256 cals
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    Quaker Oat Squares and Oatmeal Crisp with Raisins. Par cereal with an egg and you're set to go!
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I LOVE special K red berries w/ ff milk. I put splenda in it too, cuz I like it sweet :wink: I have that every morning and it keeps me full for awhile!
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Try these two...
    FiberOne's Honey Clusters: 160 calories, 1.5 g fat, 6 g sugar, and 13 g fiber
    Total's Cinnamon Crunch: 190 calories, 2.5 g fat, 9 g sugar, and 4 g fiber (but remember Total has almost 100 % of your vitamins and minerals for the day).
    I like to alternate between these two and if I'm craving something different I'll have steel cut oatmeal.

Totally agree on Fiber One's Honey Clusters cereal. It's SOOOOO yummy and usually keeps me full for about 3 hours.
  • rabbit45
    rabbit45 Posts: 36
    Options
    Cheerios with milk and a sliced banana on top... maybe some Splenda or sweetener as well.