Coolest NSV Ever!

Options
BradyMommy
BradyMommy Posts: 82 Member
Tonight I went out for a quick mile and a half run so I was running a little faster than I usually do.

There is this guy in my neighborhood, I don't know his name, but I know that he is some sort of MMA/UFC professional cage fighter guy and I see him every single night that I am out running. I actually see him about 5 times as he laps me several times in my jog around my neighborhood! He runs counter clockwise and I run clockwise so we do the head bob/wave thing every time.

Tonight as I was running I waved at him as he ran past me, then all of a sudden he was running next to me! So I pulled out my earbud since I assumed he needed something and he said (and I quote) "I just wanted to tell you that you are looking great. Your form and speed are so much better than when I started seeing you out here. You should consider running a race to push yourself." So I told him that I had just run a 5K yesterday and was doing another one next Sunday. And he said, "Good for you!" and whacked me on the back and took off running at his normal rocket speed.

HOW COOL IS THAT???????????

Replies

• zippymelanie68
    Options
    that's amazing! Good luck on your next race!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Definitely in the running (pardon the pun) for the coolest NSV ever! Congratulations!
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    that is AWESOME! good for you! keep it up!!! :drinker:
  • jennatha
    jennatha Posts: 20
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV!! Congrats!!!
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    that is excellent!
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That is pretty cool, what a nice guy. I like people that do not hesitate to say something positive to another person it can sometimes take more guts than saying something negative. And he probably doesn't realise the impact it has on your self esteem.
    I hope you pay it forward to someone else who may need to hear some positive words of encouragement.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    That is bad@$$!!! Keep up the great work, and one day you can outrun him.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    now that is a wicked nsv! very cool indeed.
  • JosieMars
    Options
    That's soo cool! :) I should start running again!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That is very cool! Good for him for speaking up too! I agree with what someone else already posted - pay that forward - not enough kudos in the world! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Kind of makes me want to get out there...
  • Jeyed
    Jeyed Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That really made me smile. Good for you!!!
    Was he hot too?? Lol!!
  • sunshine45356
    sunshine45356 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    way cool! great job!
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Very cool....I've noticed that runners are some of the most encouraging people I've ever met.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    That is so COOL! I was literally laughing with joy for you while I read this! That's so fantastic!
  • caitlinsmom07
    caitlinsmom07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous! So awesome!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    thats awesome - what a compliment from sum1 as fit as a cage fighter! well done :o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!