New Here!

Options
Hello! I just started with MFP and a FitBit this past week. I am also ending week one, tomorrow of Couch to 5K (C25K). Back when I was younger I was a competitive swimmer and triathlete. Fast forward 20 years and 2 kids later and I became a 210lb couch potato. I am trying to get more active after many, many attempts. My goal at this point is to be at 145lbs. I am 5ft4 and it should probably be a bit lower than that, but setting the goal any lower at this point is too scary. Within the last month we have moved across country from Chicago to the South Bay area of San Francisco. I am LOVING the weather and the sunshine. I was not a fan of Chicago winters. So, I am using all of this change to my advantage and hope this move will be a great motivator. I would love to chat with others who have similar goals.

Thanks!

DeEnna

Replies

• MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    To lose 65 pounds is a good goal to go for and the best of luck.
    I was once an athlete, running the 800 and 1500 meters track events I am 5ft9 and weighed 144 pounds when I was running.
    Over the years I steadily put on the pounds and at my worst i weighed 220 pounds, I now weigh 183 and have lost 14 pounds since I started with MFP a month ago. My goal is to to be 168 and see how I look and feel then before I lose any more.
    if you add me as a friend I would be delighted and will give you all the encouragement I can give. :smile:
  • Wisdomvox
    Options
    Thank you, having support and encouragement will help so much!
  • squirrelygirl82
    Options
    Good Luck to you! I am just starting out as well. I am setting my goals in small increments, they seem much more achievable that way!
  • Mayrag0205
    Mayrag0205 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of three and I'm in the same boat as you are. Good luck to you! You can do it!
  • Wisdomvox
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, it helps a lot!