Options
    Me! Week 2 starts today (or tomorrow)
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I am in Week 2 right now :drinker:
  • jkinsella83
    Options
    I am doing it too! I just did Week #2, Day #1 yesterday. Since I have a lil more time, I am doing it twice a day once outside and once inside. Feel free to add if you want :).
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 this morning (after about 3 restarts =/ ). Felt great!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have never been a runner but I walk alot. I started this after a cancer walk with a friend and she suggested I do it since I walk to fast. I downloaded a version that has the music already with it and I love it. Its awesome music for running and she tells you just what to do and when. She is also very motavating. I just finished week 2 day 1 last night. It was a longer run time but I did it completely without stopping or even slowing down. I do think I need to get fitted for a pair of good running shoes though. My feet seem to hurt afterwards. Good luck with it.
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have never been a runner but I walk alot. I started this after a cancer walk with a friend and she suggested I do it since I walk to fast. I downloaded a version that has the music already with it and I love it. Its awesome music for running and she tells you just what to do and when. She is also very motavating. I just finished week 2 day 1 last night. It was a longer run time but I did it completely without stopping or even slowing down. I do think I need to get fitted for a pair of good running shoes though. My feet seem to hurt afterwards. Good luck with it.

Running is by far the cheapest sport you can get into, but one outlay is deffinately a pair of runners for YOUR feet,. Like me when i first started, a pair of running shoes from the Value range for a fiver from tesco's is the same as the expensive Asics from Sport shops... they are not!!! lol Your trainers need to suit your foot shape and gait. I have really low arches so need support in my running shoe and as i run my heel strikes the ground first, meaning i need a cushioned heel to absorb the impact. Having the correct shoe goes along way to prevent injury and provide comfort when your pounding that pavement. Make sure you invest wisely in your shoes, you could regret it if you dont.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I tried it once and never made it past week 5. I am starting over today...wish me strength to push myself
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if it's possible to do the C25k program on the elliptical/treadmill? Should I be doing this outdoors on real ground? Is there a major difference in results between the two? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (:

I think it's different for everybody.. However, I started C25K on the treadmill - started Jan 3 and finished March 3.. at that time I could run for 30 mins daily and had been able to run 3.1 miles a few times.. After I finished the 5k I signed up for my first 5k (just finished it april 7th!!) So i decided to start running outside in case I had any problems.. It was a huge challenge for me to make the switch. I was very inconsistent with my runs.. The first day I ran 1.1 miles, the second I could BARELY run a half a mile and it was back and forth back and forth. it took me about a month - I ran my first 5k on Saturday and came in at 39.01 - i'm hoping to be down to 37 by my next one (april 22nd)
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am! I started about 3 weeks ago and am taking it at my own pace. This week I am doing 90 sec. intervals and trying to shorten my time between running. Do you have a smart phone? I downloaded a program called mapmyfitness and it has really helped to give me incentive to push myself. If you download it - let me know and add me as a friend :).
  • Emnee
    Emnee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if it's possible to do the C25k program on the elliptical/treadmill? Should I be doing this outdoors on real ground? Is there a major difference in results between the two? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (:

I think it's different for everybody.. However, I started C25K on the treadmill - started Jan 3 and finished March 3.. at that time I could run for 30 mins daily and had been able to run 3.1 miles a few times.. After I finished the 5k I signed up for my first 5k (just finished it april 7th!!) So i decided to start running outside in case I had any problems.. It was a huge challenge for me to make the switch. I was very inconsistent with my runs.. The first day I ran 1.1 miles, the second I could BARELY run a half a mile and it was back and forth back and forth. it took me about a month - I ran my first 5k on Saturday and came in at 39.01 - i'm hoping to be down to 37 by my next one (april 22nd)

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions! Seems like the switch between running on the elliptical to running a 5k on the ground will be a bit difficult. I guess I will try to run outside as much as I can. I just like the gym because there's people there & I don't feel so alone. Haha. :embarassed: I like the elliptical machines because they tell me how far I ran, how long it took & the calories it burned. Gonna have to invest in a HRM if I decide to run outside more often. Any cheap, but good ones out there? I have looked on Amazon but I'm undecided on which to get. :indifferent:
  • decy63
    decy63 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just started W1D1 today even as a kid I was hopeless at running but am absolutely determined to do this.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Just started W1D1 today even as a kid I was hopeless at running but am absolutely determined to do this.

You can do it
  • lindaamarie
    lindaamarie Posts: 114
    Options
    I've just started it! I'm about to be on Week 1 Day 3. And I noticed my last run was already a lot easier than my first run, but I'm so nervous about starting Week 2 haha
  • kaylaqueen
    kaylaqueen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i started in January, but then got really behind because of traveling a lot, so yesterday I just started over. I didn't think I could just skip two weeks then jump right into running for 5 minutes straight. haha! But I'm not giving up. It's a really good program. Easy to follow and don't feel like you can't repeat days if you need to. And even though I've started over, I am running the full time without stopping, but when I started it the first time I thought I was dying. Good luck!
  • srching4trth
    Options
    Starting today and using an elliptical, I've never been much of a runner.
  • GoalByFifty
    GoalByFifty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i completed C25K in December, but hurt my knee and never did run in a 5K. yet. i am going to repeat the C25K program and welcome any friends who might like to tag along!
  • ribye
    ribye Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    not intenionly but found it to be a good guide for a starting runner, I'm up to 30 minutes on my run although no where near the 5k more like 2 miles tops but its a good guide for me and who knows we have a 5k in 6 weeks locally so I might just try it, verys low pace 4mph on good days but got to start someplace. it was a loose guide for me some weeks I repeated the previous, I've had arch problems for years but found this plan was a slow enough increase so far my arches feel fine. Lots of stretching also, good luck with it. I rember that first day felt like I had lead boots instead of shoes.