Diet Pills?

Options
124»

Replies

• tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Forget diet pills. Drink green tea instead.

None of the psychological aspect.

I have worked with people on diet pills. Too edgy, too talky. Either all up or all down and no in-between.

Find something else that doesn't affect your nervous system and speech patterns, ya know what I mean?
  • marinecorewife
    Options
    anoretix look em up online
  • ShevelleBurr
    Options
    Hi there! Diet pills are a temporary fix and in the long run you end up gaining more weight than what you started out with. You must feed ur body-add fuel to it so that your metabolism functions properly. I will add you as a friend! We can keep each other motivated. :)

Sounds good.. =) I use to take Diet pills, fat burners things like that before n never lost weight. I wasnt eating right with them and not working out enough. Im takin this pill now and Im very motivated on working out eating better and I have this site n all of you are helping me go along =) Yea ok some think its basicly cheating n stuff but no one knows me n my life n I need this right now.. Its helped sooo much in so many diff wayz.. Its a mind set thing for me aswell.. hard to explain but im not gonna waste ur guyz time tellin u all my probs =p I dont hate no one for tellin me what they THINK n stuff I guess ill find out what happens to me when i get off the pills.. im only takin a half of pill and feelin good n im not a freek =p well out side of my room anywayz lol ^^
  • debgcook
    debgcook Posts: 64
    Options
    Phentermine - Is this prescription only? If you keep exercising and stuff, the weight shud not come back as long as you eat right foods too.
  • ShevelleBurr
    Options
    Forget diet pills. Drink green tea instead.

None of the psychological aspect.

I have worked with people on diet pills. Too edgy, too talky. Either all up or all down and no in-between.

Find something else that doesn't affect your nervous system and speech patterns, ya know what I mean?

Lol im alwayz "too talky" but thats me =) Im not edgy and Im more happy now that im losing the weight and more determined to keep it off..
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I go to a weight loss clinic for weigh ins and blood pressure readings and they have a Dr that has me on an appetite suppressant, Tenuate. I researched the drug before I ever took it, the pharmacist told me about its tendency to dry out your mouth (which I barely notice, another prescription I'm on makes me so thirsty I never have it) and I'm comfortable taking it. It doesn't make me lose weight, it doesn't provide anything that would be considered a diet pill like the over the counter ones that claim all you need to do is pop it every meal and you're good to go. All it's done for me is decrease my appetite enough that I can control how much I eat and what. Even on days I haven't had it in my system, my body has continued as though it were. And it's not a forever drug. I can remove myself from it at any point and continue my weight loss without it.

If you're taking something to be like a little helper and not the whole solution, that's fine as long as you're not abusing the drug or getting horrendous side effects from it. All people need to realize is there is no quick fix or easy cure to having weight to lose. Whether or not you're taking something, it's pretty much all you.
  • summerlancaster
    Options
    Before joinging MFP, I took Phentermine while I lost the first 50 lbs. It's only an appetite supresant & helped me get into eating less & exercising. It actually doesn't help with weight loss, just curbs your appeitite. My doctor required me to keep a food & exercise journal & come in every 30 days and show it to her before she'd prescribe the next month's worth of pills.

I will warn you though -- watch your blood pressure & heart rate. Mine went up & I had to come off the Phentermine. 18 months later, the weight is still off, but the blood pressure is still high, so I'm 50 lbs lighter, but taking bp meds I didn't need 50 lbs ago.
  • ShevelleBurr
    Options
    Before joinging MFP, I took Phentermine while I lost the first 50 lbs. It's only an appetite supresant & helped me get into eating less & exercising. It actually doesn't help with weight loss, just curbs your appeitite. My doctor required me to keep a food & exercise journal & come in every 30 days and show it to her before she'd prescribe the next month's worth of pills.

I will warn you though -- watch your blood pressure & heart rate. Mine went up & I had to come off the Phentermine. 18 months later, the weight is still off, but the blood pressure is still high, so I'm 50 lbs lighter, but taking bp meds I didn't need 50 lbs ago.

Yes the doctor told me I wont b on it long they dont want you to take it long term. I plan on being off it in like two months maybe three depends on if i do get the high blood pressure n stuff Im watchin my self close I have two boys n a great man in my life I dont want to mess that up =)
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm on Phentermine also. I have PCOS, and weight loss is very very challenging when having this syndrome. I eat well, exercise 3 or more times a week, always have even during pregnancies and see a nutritionist. But with PCOS the weight doesn't just come off so easily. I've maintained 185 pounds for 5 years and 3 pregnancies only gaining 5 pounds with each pregnancy. So my Dr and I decided to use this pill to help with weight loss along with the diabetic medication used to treat PCOS. It has been working so far, I lost 15 pounds already and starting my 2nd month. After I reach my 35pound loss I'll get off the diet pill.

So for those of you saying just eat well and exercise, been there still doing that but no weight loss from it due to my PCOS. So I'm taking this pill to help me get a start on things.

My PCOS is not gonna get the best of me! :bigsmile:

Insanity every morning
    C2-5k Mon-wed-fri evenings
    Walking 2+miles every Sunday (baby-wearing AND pushing a stroller)

Low calorie and low carb diet.
  • changingdaily
    Options
    I'm on Phentermine also. I have PCOS, and weight loss is very very challenging when having this syndrome. I eat well, exercise 3 or more times a week, always have even during pregnancies and see a nutritionist. But with PCOS the weight doesn't just come off so easily. I've maintained 185 pounds for 5 years and 3 pregnancies only gaining 5 pounds with each pregnancy. So my Dr and I decided to use this pill to help with weight loss along with the diabetic medication used to treat PCOS. It has been working so far, I lost 15 pounds already and starting my 2nd month. After I reach my 35pound loss I'll get off the diet pill.

So for those of you saying just eat well and exercise, been there still doing that but no weight loss from it due to my PCOS. So I'm taking this pill to help me get a start on things.

My PCOS is not gonna get the best of me! :bigsmile:

Insanity every morning
    C2-5k Mon-wed-fri evenings
    Walking 2+miles every Sunday (baby-wearing AND pushing a stroller)

Low calorie and low carb diet.

I too have PCOS, it stinks, I am infertile from it just came of fertility meds/progesterone , injections ect. 2-3 months ago, I workout and eat right, I gained so much and can not get the scale to move in the right direction so the DR is giving me something similar to Phen since I have been on Phen before and it messed with my anxiety, BUT I loved the product and I kept it off for YEARS! It is hard for us to lose, so this is just to help me some! GL
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    What if you maintain a low calorie diet with plenty of exercise and take them?

I'm not suggesting they do all the work for you and I'm prepared to put the work in but do they do anything for you? Even just boost your metabolism slightly?
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I maintained a low cal and exercise routine for years and only stayed a certain weight, by adding this medication, I started to lose the weight. I'm sure it did boost my metabolism and it also gave me energy that I haven't had in a while due to uncontrollable PCOS.
  • ShevelleBurr
    Options
    Up date on this pill Ive been taking.. Phentermine.. Today and the last three dayz before ive had chest pains like a feeling of someone sittin on my chest or something like that.. Light headed, from gettin up from below get hella dizzy. I now have to stop taking it and talk to my dr.. Not sure if its cuz the pills but from what I hear from some of you it just might b. I almost have finnished the bottle n was gonna get off it after that but looks like i will b stopping sooner then later. Ill prob go to the drs tomorrow n see whats goin on.. So cant say if it is the pills or not but ima play it safe.. Thanks everyone for all ur help n stuff =) wish me luck cuz ima need it