Just me

Options
I've just finished reading some of the stories on here and I feel quite inspired. It's a bit late in life I suppose for me to start worrying about how I look etc but at 62 i definitely do not feel old. I just want more out of life without the daily struggle for breath. I want to be able to walk briskly down the road without feeling I need a sitdown when I get to the end. I play golf but feel knackered when I finish. Soooooooooo, I have decided to lose weight, get fitter and enjoy life a little more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hugely overweight, just 16st, problem is that at 6ft 2ins people say, yes, but your a big chap and you can carry it. That's not the point, I don't want to carry it about with me. So I have joined this site and as i say, already I feel inspired. This week I lost 3lbs, great, bring it on. I want to be back to the weight i was as a young man. Just 14st 7lbs, so that gives me 16lbs to lose between now and the end of May. Why then, well it's the south of France on a holiday and while my speedos no longer look good, I can at least wear a decent pair of shorts and thin top without looking like I am pregnant.

Wish me luck.

Replies

• kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    Never too late to start right? You can do it. I believe in you!! =D
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and definately don't feel old! although some youngsters on here might! lol
    I feel a lot better and fitter for being on this plan and determined to reach my goal
    I wish you all the best on your weightloss journey and to a healthier you.
  • Agean42
    Agean42 Posts: 58
    Options
    Best of Luck..............YOU CAN & WILL DO THIS !!!!
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and look forward to watching your progress, i announced on saturday night i want to wear shorts and a nice top out for my birthday night, so i have until mid june for it, x :bigsmile: