Need encouragement to exercise

Options
Anyone want to be my pal, to help me to start moving? Today is the day.

Replies

• vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sure, feel free to add me. I share all diary info.

All friend requests accepted!!
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Just added you :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    get going! How;s that? LMAO
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    :smile: Sure feel free to add me. Love to help
  • jsekief12
    Options
    you can certainly add me to your friends list. I have started this with my wife back in March and I am already looking at almost 4-5 pounds lost. I am truly excited about it and so should you. So please go ahead and add me.
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    You can add me too! The more encouragement we all get, the better!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i'm in!! friend away
  • lilbit71
    lilbit71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me also. I am all for the encouragement, both giving and getting.

Anyone else want to add me also, please do so :) The more the merrier!
  • renlewis170
    renlewis170 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Added!
  • jensenkm2
    jensenkm2 Posts: 55
    Options
    I could use the support as well and wouldnt mind offering some if needed. You can add me.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: 11 WEEK ELIMINATION CHALLENGE my bad is under the motivation thread
  • bnazarian
    bnazarian Posts: 20
    Options
    @Poedunk: Ha ha ha, that's what I tell myself! :-D

I had back surgery 6 months ago and now I can't run to lose weight. Never knew how hard it was because I just burned off so many calories running. I do think I understand the struggle now for most people my age and even younger. Seems my weight stays steady at 10 lbs. more than I'd like lately and I am working out everyday.

I do say that consistency in recording what you eat is important. I missed one week (last week) and gained 2 lbs.!! Horror of horrors. Sent my spirits into a death spiral I tell you. But I woke up today and headed right to the elliptical trainer after a light breakfast and I feel better. You have to do something right away every morning to kick yourself into "healthy habit" mode. It seems to be a constant battle - focus warriors, focus!
  • graciemom828
    Options
    Do you live where there is a Planet Fitness or else a Curves? I was a couch potato and in 2005 joined Curves - it was great - there was no judgement, I made some great friends and lost a lot of weight/inches. In 2011 I joined Planet Fitness and love it more than Curves. It is cheaper and you can get help from the fitness trainer as well. They advertise as a "judgement free" zone and do not cater to the body builder types of folks. They say it takes 3 weeks to establish a habit - if you hang in there, you will reach a point where you feel you "must" go and exercise as it makes you feel so much better. Seriously it is true - I am a couch potato by nature but love Planet Fitness. :smile:
  • graciemom828
    Options
    P.S. Feel free to add me - my exercise diary is yours to look at!
  • teenytinii
    teenytinii Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    just added you - having friends on here to give and get support from has made a huge difference for me :)
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love working out. I go crazy if I can't run or jump or go to bootcamp. I'd love to help you find your "thing". And, I'll add anyone, my food journal is open to friends.
  • bnazarian
    bnazarian Posts: 20
    Options
    Cgray is right, it's a matter of finding what you like to do for exercise. A YMCA near me has so many options. I have tried a lot of different forms of exercise until I finally decided I liked hiking and running most. But even if you decide you like one kind over another, it's best to try new things once in a while and cross train with weights a couple times a week. Zumba seems like a big hit with most people I talk to. I am about to try water aerobics again and pilates reformer to supplement walking/hiking.
  • mtt853
    mtt853 Posts: 1
    Options
    Check out my webpage: www.marthasjourney.weebly.com
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! IF YOU DON'T EXERCISE YOU WILL JUST STAY FAT. ♥♥♥♥♥ YOU HAVE DECIDED TO MAKE A CHANGE AND YOU WON'T CHANGE. ♥♥♥♥♥

֯===֯

LIFT WEIGHTS!

֯===֯

<
    EAT LESS!
    <

YOU CAN DO IT!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: