Gummy Vitamin overdosing?

Options
spectralmoon
spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
I recently bought a jar of gummy vitamins in case of deficiency. Well, actually I attempted to buy them for specific deficiencies (iron and potassium), but I bought a jar that helps with NEITHER of them, so... dee dee dee.

The daily dose (for kids over 4) says 2 gummies, but I was wondering what the effects were for more than that. The daily vitamin dose for a 4-5 year old seems like it would be different from an adult, but I don't really want to risk... whatever horrible thing can happen. The only thing implied from word of mouth is that I'd get a bathroom time out to sit and think about what I'd done. :laugh:

For what it's worth, I did google it. What came up were topics of OD'ing on gummies containing iron, which these gummies do not contain (which is also why I am a dee dee dee).

What these contain: Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, Folic Acid, biotin, iodine, and zinc. If the brand matters, it's L'il Critters Gumy Vites.

Is there harm in taking more?

Replies

• ghiagirl893
    ghiagirl893 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can buy adult gummy vitamins, I would suggest that in the future.
    For now, I would google search the amount in mg of different vitamins for adults and compare the amounts in your vitamins to that. Going over if definately bad for you, and can cause toxicity.