Vegatbles?

Options
Having a little bit of trouble finding some methods of cooking Vegetables. I usually just buy frozen vegetables and heat them up in the microwave but am looking for something new. What are some simple, easy, quick vegetables I can buy fresh and prepare, and how do you guys prepare them?

We like broccoli, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, asparagus, pretty much anything! But looking to make it simple and quick!

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Asparagus... I drizzle them with some balsamic and olive oil, sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, then roast at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. I will usually blanch them before, but you don't have to. It's spring vegetable season! You can do the same thing with brussels sprouts, cut in half.

I like broccoli drizzled with a little soy sauce and steamed in the microwave for 4 minutes. Doesn't get any more simple than that.
  • jdragione
    jdragione Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Exactly what I am looking for! Going to try one of these tonight!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most non-leafy vegetables are great roasted. Just toss in oil and spices and roast in a hot oven (or on the grill) until they are carmelized (start to brown).

Stir fry is another delicious and quicker method to prepare vegetables.

Leafy greens are great sauted in olive oil and garlic. Also chopped and added to sauces, soups or stews.
  • cherryolac
    Options
    I add my veggies to pasta...favorite pasta is dream fields low carb pasta. cook it, while cooking it in another pan sautee red, yellow, orange peppers(one or all 3), mushrooms, garlic and artichokes. When pasta is done drizzle a small amount of oliva oil add your mixture add your seasoning(I usually add pepper, garlic salt, and anything that sounds good thats in the cupboard) and add fresh spinach. Stir it up, take off the heat or leave on low, cover it and leave it for about 5 minutes....delicious and lots of your veggies....if you want you can a some chicken to it but its fantiastic without it.