Did you increase your calories and lost weight?

Options
Just would love to hear stories from everyone who actually increased their calories and lost weight. Details please:smile:
Thank you so much!
Btw. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Details... I'm 5'7" and I was 143lbs two weeks ago. I'm active with high intensity training 3-4x a week. Increased from 1200 calorie diet to 1450. Now I'm 139. I understand that it's water weight but the biggest difference is that I feel SO much better.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Pre MFP and pre upping my calories I had been losing 1.3-2lbs a week. I've lost 62lbs that way. I'm starting my 7 week of P90X and decided on week 5 to up my calories by 100-200 a day..... I lost 6lbs, I haven't seen weight loss like that since I started. Well I upped t another 100 calories a day for week 6 but lost nothing. So what I've learned is that when doing more vigorous workouts like P90X I shouldeat about 1500 calories, less hardcore workouts should be at around 1350 Rest days stays at 1200. So I've learned that I can only eat back some of my workout calories and I've lost 68lbs now altogether. Good luck on your fitness journey and finding what works for you!

Ps I'm 5'7 female

SW 255
    CW 187
    GW 145
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your replies. Just up mind a couple of weeks ago. My weight remained the same so far but going to give it a little more time and see what happens.
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    Pre MFP and pre upping my calories I had been losing 1.3-2lbs a week. I've lost 62lbs that way. I'm starting my 7 week of P90X and decided on week 5 to up my calories by 100-200 a day..... I lost 6lbs, I haven't seen weight loss like that since I started. Well I upped t another 100 calories a day for week 6 but lost nothing. So what I've learned is that when doing more vigorous workouts like P90X I shouldeat about 1500 calories, less hardcore workouts should be at around 1350 Rest days stays at 1200. So I've learned that I can only eat back some of my workout calories and I've lost 68lbs now altogether. Good luck on your fitness journey and finding what works for you!

Ps I'm 5'7 female

SW 255
    CW 187
    GW 145

You're doing great! Wow!!!!
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    Details... I'm 5'7" and I was 143lbs two weeks ago. I'm active with high intensity training 3-4x a week. Increased from 1200 calorie diet to 1450. Now I'm 139. I understand that it's water weight but the biggest difference is that I feel SO much better.

That's sounds promising! Nice lost with your increase:)
    Thank you!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yep, I sure did! I was 126lbs and struggling to keep my calories around 1300-1400/day. Starting January 1 I upped my calories a bit at a time until I'm now eating 2000-2800/day (depending on my workouts) and I weighed in last week at 121.6. I'm 5'5" by the way.
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I spent the first 7 weeks on here confused and spinning my wheels. Finally last week, I upped my calories to 2,000+ and feel so much better and i'm still losing! Eating so little, working out so hard and obsessing over the scale made me feel frustrated. Now I feel confident that I got this in the bag! :) Up them!!! You'll be so happy you did!
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    Well thank you so much everyone. I guess I am going to dive in and up my calories from 1400 to 2012 according to what everyone been telling me in the eat more lose more group. It all makes sense to me. I've been yo yo dieting for 10 years and I want to stop.
    I am a little scared to do this but will see what happens.