what am i doing wrong????

I have been exercising at least 5 days a week i do 45 to 50 mins brisk walking on the thread mill at an high incline at least 10 percent and strength training 20 sets working 4 muscles at a 15 rep pace .abs 5 sets. i have not lost weight my arms are getting toned so are my legs my mid section not so visible tho can someone please tell me what am doing wrong???/.

Replies

• JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    How long have you been doing this schedule?

Take measurements, its a better way to gauge weight loss as opposed to the scale.
  • mdeveau81
    mdeveau81 Posts: 8 Member
    I found I was having the same issue, so I started taking a protein supplement immediately after my workout. That was when I started to see my weight loss match my muscle tone :)
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    I know what you are going through. I walk every day and I don't see a difference.
  • You may be doing nothing wrong, the last place you'll see the results is losing the weight over your stomach. Most people will see results in your arms and legs being they show results first. As was said earlier check your measurements and look for changes there before you look at the scale and see little to no results. I would recommend an open diary to check and make sure that your diet is not counter productive. I recommend to take pictures every week to follow your progress, it may be 3-4 weeks that change becomes noticeable but if your working hard and following a proper diet you'll be able to see the results.
  • twigblu
    twigblu Posts: 7 Member
    3 weeks now, am hoping if i continue it will change .....,thanks Warbird will start a diary and measure myself and see what the month of April holds for me.I started taking some protein supplements not whey cos am lactose intolerant.

You can add me Sandihotsma! we can support ourselves and have weekly challenges. i need a lot of motivation right now.
  • I have lost 6lbs since I started in Jan and haven't lost more. Love the gym but I can slack off once in awhile. I dont eat pasta, rice, or bread. No soda. I eat alot of vegetables and drink alot of water, but still dont see results. unhappy