chia seeds

Options
Good for losing weight? I put some in my pure protein shake just now and I actually enjoyed the texture.

Replies

• aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Not sure but I just had some in my breakfast for the first time. I bought a bag of them this weekend.
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I tried them! They do have calories and I eventually got to the point where I would rather spend my calories elsewhere, however, in the beggining when you are struggling to feel full or at least like you are not always starving, they do help. I still put them into any baked goods I make. I have yet to be able to cut carbs all together, and I find adding them to breads and pancakes and such help me feel fuller on less. or when I don't have time to eat, but need the protein, I will put a 2 tablespoons in a small glass of water and basically do them as a shot instead of risking pushing myself to the point of being desperately hungry when I do finally have time to eat.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I bought a bag to try them out. I can't really say much about them yet. I do like the texture when soaked and the chia "pudding" recipes aren't half bad. I have a jar of them soaking in the fridge, they are now in sludge form and go into my smoothies and yogurts.