weight loss

Options
In one of the earlier posts about weighing in, I had read in many of the posts people noted movement can effect weighing in...I was curious as to how this affects your weight...thanks

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    In one of the earlier posts about weighing in, I had read in many of the posts people noted movement can effect weighing in...I was curious as to how this affects your weight...thanks

Can you quote someone and bring it in your post? This is rather vague. Are we talking moving on the scale?
  • carol5k
    carol5k Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have searched to find the topic...but can't seem to....I know that my scale can move easily up or down after i work out...just wondering why...i am assuming it has do with fluid...i tend to retain alot...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I can't imagine how it would affect your actual weight. But it very well could affect what the scale shows.

A fact known only to a select few of us here at work is that the scales we use for office weight loss contests will register 1-3 lbs lighter if you shift your weight forward (to the balls of your feet). So, weighing in with weight on the back of your feet for the start of the contest, and on the front of your feet for the final weigh in, gives you a little edge.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yes the scale can move in either direction depending on what you have just finished at the Gym... If you was doing a killer Cardio routine and sweated your butt off, you may come home to a few pounds of weight lost. But lets say you did alot more strength training which has torn down your muscle fibers, your body will retain water in the muscle to help aide in the repair.... I have seen swings upward of 4-6lbs. on some days and as alittle as 1-2 lbs... Just varies...... Hope that helps.....