Dining for one...

Options
moidyn
moidyn Posts: 112
Does anyone have ideas for recipes that feed 1-2 people? I don't really do left overs, so anything will help! Thanks!!

Replies

• moidyn
    Options
    Does anyone have ideas for recipes that feed 1-2 people? I don't really do left overs, so anything will help! Thanks!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You can check out allrecipes.com

You type of meal are you looking for?
  • moidyn
    Options
    Honestly anything. I'm not huge on veggies (but I'm getting better!)
  • erkuhns79
    Options
    bean burritos (refried beans, cheese, green peppers & onions...top off with light sour cream - I don't eat meat, but you can add chicken/beef)

wraps (cheese and/or meat, lettuce, dressing) - i toast the cheese on the wrap in the oven first & make a pesto mayo...yummy!

pita pizzas (flatbread topped with pizza sauce a bit of mozzarella - toast in oven or toaster oven)

spaghetti for one (put leftover jar sauce in fridge, make your own tomato sauce or toss in a small amount of olive oil and spices)

just some ideas :happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Pasta is very easy and fast.
    Whole wheat pasta, Healthy Choice pasta sauce (60 cals for 1/2 cup), ground turkey and you have a satisfying meal that is quick. If garlic bread is a must have, toast a whole wheat slice of bread, spray with spray butter & if you have a garlic clove, rub it ontop of the toasted bread or if you have a jar of minced garlic, spread some on the toast.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have an easy one.
    Take boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thighs) sprinkle with taco seasoning you can put this in a bag and use it like shake n bake if you like.
    put chicken in a baking dish that you have sprayed with pam and bake about 45 minutes
    when the chicken is almost done pour salsa (any kind) over the chicken and bake an additional 10 minutes.
    Add a side veggie and or baked potato and you have dinner for however many you are feeding
    I don't know the oven temp - I think I usually bake chicken at 350 - 375 degrees.
    I throw this to gether by memory so I am not very precise.
    The good news is it has been moist and perfect every time I make it.